Rucas - Long Distance (2)

Well, I hope Lucas isn't an idiot this time. 

Lucas POV BTW
-------------------------------------

358 Days, 358 days until I get to see Riley again, 450 days since the last time I saw of Riley.   

Then again, it is my fault to an extent. I just didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't want to move to her anymore, that I didn't want to go through with this dumb plan of my future that scared me to death. 

I was 15 when I made that promise, now I am 17 going into Senior year. I promised that I, as an 18 year old would move across the world from the familiar New York City air to the ever changing weather of London and pursue a life there. Most likely living alone, paying for it myself as my American Cash would be useless. It was so stupid of me, that amount of change on an 18 year old who was happy with life in New York and doing what he loved and beginning to make something out of it! 

I wanted to stay, but when I tried to bring up the future with Riley, her eyes would light up like Christmas lights and she would bubble with excitement of me moving to London to be with her and tell me how romantic and sweet that gesture was. So I just stopped bringing it up, then one day she did when I started working at the Vet office and made up my mind that I wouldn't move to London and I freaked out. I got defensive and signed off. I didn't want to move and to say those words officially to Riley was like breaking those stars in her eyes. 

But I knew, today was going to be the day I told her. Maya thinks I have told Riley already, Josh knows I haven't along with Zay. Smackle thinks Riley and I share everything and thinks that I've told her and long distance is nothing to our love. Farkle knew I wouldn't tell her, and has been kindly convincing me since. 

Today was the day I would tell her. I waited for her face to pop up on my laptop screen and smiled when it did. She only has gotten more beautiful, she looks so graceful, just like the Greek Goddess Aphrodite herself. I know far fetched but I'm talking about the girl I love. The girl I have fallen in love with and the girl who I have put all of my paycheck money from the waiter jobs to receptionist at vet office into traveling to her. Even missing a week of school because she was having a mental breakdown. 

I caught her up with somethings and like Maya and her schooling, Zay and his sports, the genius friends of ours and almost forgetting about her favourite uncle.  She looked at me like she was about to say something and then Maya came in, yelling about the report I had to write for the Dr. Perry, the vet I work for as an assistant. I quickly shot her a look that told her to shut up, I guess she took it as a 'oh touchy subject for you and Riles, alright, I get it.' 

Eventually though I was kicked out of the conversation I was having with my girlfriend and put to my room. Later on I was joined with a Josh who must have been kicked out of my living room as I was. 

"Josh," I acknowledged. 

"Cowboy," he nodded back. 

"Your girlfriend says that you have something to talk to me about."

"Well it's about that blonde, short, beautiful friend of yours. The female. The one I also happen to really like, maybe even love."

"Love, Josh those are big words, I don't think you've ever said that word to me." 

"I love you, Lucas." He sarcastically replied.

"Well no duh, now as your girlfriend said let's act like teenage girls and talk about you."

Josh chuckled as he plopped down onto the bean bag chair in my room by my video games. Yeah, that is very much likely of me to have considering the fact that I am a 17 year old guy who only has free time for video games.