Rucas - Long Distance (1)

So sorry for not updating in such a time - But I'm working on it... 
So Enjoy?!?!?!
----------------------------------------
RUCAS - LONG DISTANCE

358 Days, 358 days until I get to see Lucas again, 450 days since the last time I saw Lucas. 

It's been over two years since my mom, Topanga, decided to take the job in London. Over two years since I have left Maya, Farkle, Zay, Smackle, and Lucas all in New York. Over two years since my dad decided to go back to school so he would be able to teach at a Collage. Over two years since Ava was able to convince her mom to move to London so she could be with Auggie. 

I made new friends when I got here, but none of them were as close and Maya and I were. None of them were as smart as Smackle. None of them showed unconditional love and understanding like Farkle. None of them were as funny as Zay. And none of them could steal my heart the way Lucas could. 

Lucas and I decided to not break things up and try long distance. Of course it isn't easy. We talk every opportunity we get, sometimes that opportunity is months away, other times it is hours away. Whenever we talk it is like time stops just for us, so that we could just spend an extra second or two to stare at each other and take in all the changes in the other's face. 

We were talking- for the first time in two months. We had both been so busy. Lucas was chosen to be the new captain of the baseball team next year as we all will be seniors next year. He has been busy studying the steps to lead his team to victory. He also got himself involved in student council again of course and no surprise he was elected student body president. It only cut down the time we had for each other. 

"- and Maya got early acceptance to Parsons School of Design and she decided to spend her summer studying the place and starting some art projects instead of hanging around. Can you believe it?" Lucas finished with pride in his voice snapping me out of my thoughts... My thoughts of us. 

"Shouldn't Maya be the one telling me about all he accomplishments, not you. Although I do love hearing your voice." 

"Probably, but I don't think she'll mind as long as you act surprise when she does tell you. Did I also mention-" 

"If this is also about Maya, I think she should tell me." I interrupted, "did you get any early acceptances or decide to do any summer projects?"

"Nope, I'm gonna spend my summer in bed with my laptop in front of me waiting for my girlfriend to come online so I can bother her." 

"I can't wait!" I smiled while trying to find courage to ask Lucas about moving to London for schooling. We've talked about it before, a year ago, it only ended up with Lucas saying his family needs him in the US, that he liked it in New York, that he was the one constantly moving to me, he was the only one buying tickets to visit the person they loved. 

"Hey Lucas, promise me you won't blow up at me when I ask my next question."

"Why would I blow up at you." I only replied with a pleading look. 

"I promise I won't blow up at you, I promise." 

I looked him in the eye, searching for something, reassurance maybe, confusion? I was looking for something, but I couldn't find it. Then again his eyes turned from me to the door behind him in an instance as a blonde girl walked through the door with two extra-large boxes of pizza. 

"Working on your report Lucas?" Questioned Maya setting the pizza on the coffee table where we all used to gather around at Lucas' house. I couldn't see Lucas' face but I knew he shot Maya a look to stop her from continuing as Maya's next word was a simple "Why?"