Rained In - Alex Gaskarth Oneshot

"Are you almost ready? We should be leaving earlier than we had planned, I'm sure this crazy amount of rain will slow down our drive" My boyfriend of 3 and a half years, Alex, called out to me from the kitchen downstairs.

I was just putting my lip gloss on and would be heading downstairs in a moment so we could go to our favorite seafood restaurant. Alex had planned for us to go to this fancy restaurant tonight. There was no special occasion to celebrate, he told me he wanted to go "just cause".

Walking down the stairs I hear nothing but the pouring rain falling upon our house, soaking everything in sight. I was hoping that my outfit and makeup wouldn't get extremely ruined due to the rain.

"I'm ready Lex" I inform him from where I stood at the front door. He walked out from around the corner and smiled at me, "you look lovely". I thanked him and began to put my shoes on, Alex putting his on as well.

"I can't believe how hard it's raining out there" he remarked looking out the window beside our front door.

"I know, I'm hoping neither of us get soaked or all of our hard work preparing to look good tonight will be ruined" I replied also staring out the same window from beside him.

A streak of lightning ripped through the sky and onto the ground somewhere far in the distance and a huge rumble of thunder soon followed. Alex and I turned to look at each other. I think we may have been thinking the same thing.

"Should we just..." Alex said in a questioning voice.

"Stay in tonight?" I completed his thought, and we both nodded at each other. "Good cause I didn't wanna get drenched by all this rain" I said with relief in my voice.

"I'm gonna go change into something more comfortable and we could just warm up some leftovers from last night" Alex said as he began climbing the stairs, already fiddling with his button-up shirt.

I smiled thinking about how I desperately wanted to be in a pair of my warm leggings right now, and quickly took off my heels joining Alex as we both changed upstairs.

Once we both had changed into more comfortable clothes, we reconvened in our kitchen where we would happily eat through leftovers. Neither of us were up for cooking something tonight.

"So we've got some lamb...rice..." another huge rumble of thunder cut off Alex momentarily as he listed off what we had in our fridge to eat, "phew im glad we decided to stay home."

"So am I. Could you imagine if we were at the restaurant and the power went out there?"

"Let's see, what else do we have here..." Alex continued looking through the fridge, "oh, we've got some pasta from Tuesday. Do you want that?"

"Yeah! Let me warm it up!" I said once Alex gave me the container of pasta.

"Put some aside for me too, I want some" he told me.

I was just about to grab a dish to put enough pasta for the both of us to warm up in the microwave when another streak of lightning and massive rumble of thunder ripped through the heavy rain outside, ultimately knocking out our power.

"Damn it!" Alex said but laughed at the situation.

I laughed a bit as well. We tended to try to always make the best of shitty situations, including times like this.

"Well, there goes our dinner idea" Alex said, moving next to me with a slight frown on his face. It was dark but not dark enough for me to not see his facial expression.

"Hang on," I said reassuringly, "cold pasta tastes just as good as warm pasta. We could still have it."

"True" Alex agreed and I saw a smirk form on his face "you go get your candles and I'll set things up for us."

I went into the bathroom and grabbed out a few candles from one of the drawers, getting the lighter along with them too.

Alex had set up the bowl of pasta along with two forks and two glasses of wine on our coffee table in our living room. It put a smile on my face as I remembered my first apartment when Alex and I were just friends. He would often arrive at my place at a ridiculous time at night and see me sitting in the floor eating pizza or tacos at my coffee table, and then join me.

I placed the candles around us and lit them one by one. After making sure we could see the food we would be eating I sat beside Alex and we began digging in.

Being a couple for 3 years, plus all the years of friendship before the dating, meant that Alex and I always had something to talk about. So we talked about whatever we wanted to as we sat on our floor eating cold pasta on a dreary rainy night.

"I wish we had power to at least watch something on Netflix" Alex said once we finished our dinner and quietly drank our wine.

"I was charging my laptop before, it's probably got full battery" I chimed in and grabbed my laptop from the nearby couch.

"Put something good on, not another rom-com" Alex said as I opened my laptop up and launched Netflix. He threw his arm around me and cuddled into my side.

"Fine" I pretended to be pissed off but scrolled through the lists. "How about Ghostbusters then?" I asked as I finally stopped on the movie icon for Ghostbusters.

"Perfect!" Alex said with delight and I started the movie.

We moved onto the couch and placed my laptop on the coffee table in front of us, allowing us to cuddle under a blanket.

"I'm almost glad we got rained in" I said aloud during a quiet moment in the movie.

"Yeah, why?" Alex asked.

"I didn't wanna go out in that storm. Plus, I'd rather enjoy a night in with just you rather than at a restaurant with other people all around us. And you know I'm so impatient having to wait for them to get the food for us." I laughed a little.

"Yeah I know" Alex bopped my nose, "but that's another thing I get to adore about you."

I glanced up at him, "hey, you were the one who said no rom-coms, stop being adorable like that."

The fact that I was staring at Alex while the candlelight glimmered in his eyes made it hard for me to heckle him at the moment for being cute to me all of a sudden.

"I love you though" I said with a smile, giving him a kiss on the cheek, part of my lips getting the corner of his mouth while doing so.

"Love you too princess"