Help from a Stranger- Alex Gaskarth oneshot

"GOD DAMN! BRUNO WHERE ARE YOU?! BRUNO!!"

I yelled frantically while jogging up and down my neighbourhood streets shaking Bruno's favourite treat bag in hopes he'll hear it and come to me. Oh, Bruno's my dog by the way. We were both out in my front yard planting some new flowers in the garden when he saw a cat and wiggled his way out of his collar and leash to go chase it. For a French bulldog, he was persistent and fast.

They aren't kidding when they say that dogs are a mans best friend, because he's only been gone for less than 10 minutes, and I feel empty without him with me.

Maybe he's at the park, I wondered to myself, he did love rolling around in the grass there.

I crossed the street and looked through every bush, tree, and even asked some kids and their parents if they've seen him. But sadly, no luck yet.

I heard a bark and my head shot around my head so fast, my neck instantly hurt.

"BRUNO IS THAT YOU?!" I started running towards the top of a hill to see if he was at the bottom of it on the other side but all I saw was another man with his dog beside him safely on his leash.

I started running down the hill to ask the man and show him a picture of Bruno to see if he's spotted him, "EXCUSE ME! HAVE YOU SEEN A BLACK FR- WOAH!"

I tripped and fell a few feet until I was at the bottom of the hill near the man and his dog. His dog immediately came up to me and started licking my face.

"Hey you okay?" He offered his hand out for me to grab onto and pulled me up.

"Not really, have you seen this dog?" I showed him a picture of Bruno on my phone and prayed for the best news.

"He got away?" He asked

"Yeah and we live near here so I was hoping he wouldn't have gone far"

"I'm so sorry I haven't seen him. I can help look"

"If you're not in a rush that would be great actually. I wouldn't usually ask others, but in this situation I guess I could use another set of eyes"

Both of us searched different sections of the park and repeatedly called for Bruno.

"Hey! Hey look!" I heard the guy yelling in my direction. I turned around Ito where he was to see a little black figure running out of a forested area. Oh thank god.

"BRUNO!!!!" We ran at each other and I scooped him in a hug when we met.

"I had a feeling he'd come back to you."

"I'm so happy he did! Thank you- oh, I didn't get your name?"

"It's Alex. Alex Gaskarth. And your name?"

"It's Y/N, and thank you so much for helping me, Alex. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't find him."

Bruno jumped out of my arms and I panicked for a second only to realize that he only wanted to say hi to Alex's dog. They started play fighting together and it was the cutest thing.

"Hey Bruno made a friend out of this!" I giggled lightly.

"You said you live near here correct?"

I nodded my head, "yeah I'm just 2 streets down."

"Well how about we get Bruno back on his leash and collar and we can go for a walk together? Maybe grab a nice cold drink if you'd like?"

"Um...are you asking me out alex?"

"Let's see how our walk goes and then maybe we can talk about it."

He gave me a cute smirk and I loved his confidence and smart way of making this into something positive.

"Alright, I'm in."