11 - coming soon to cinemas near you

After we got ice cream, Blake and I continued to play 20 questions and here's what I learnt...

-He likes the colour blue

-He likes bands

-He likes ice cream (fave flavour is raspberry and sea salt ;)

-He has a younger sister and brother (they're twins, 7 years old)

-His dad moves around cities for work so is hardly at home

-Since his dad isn't at home, he looks after his younger siblings when his mum's busy

-He started acting in middle school when he was forced to do it as an elective. He apparently "forgot" to give in the elective sheet so the school gave him the least picked elective.

Blake later drove me home.

And I hate to admit it but it was a pretty awesome day.

----

It was just my luck that on Wednesday, I got an email from Ms Civolli saying that we had a rehearsal for the play today.  

Why is this bad, you ask? Well, my personal chauffeur, Clair, had gone to Albany to visit her grandparents so I had to either walk or take public transport. 

Walking would take almost an hour and as much as I'd love my dramatic entrance, probably late, out of breath and covered in sweat - I'd rather leave the drama to well, drama

The next option, public transport, would be great if I didn't live in my suburb. My suburb's public transport was the stupidest system ever invented. Every bus, tram, train, always stops at the most irrelevant of places and conveniently skips over schools, malls, and any place actually useful. So, getting to school would take me 3 different busses plus more walking. 

No thanks. 

Unless...

That's one problem sorted

Until 2pm, I was enjoying my free time at home alone, lounging around in my pajamas. After lunch, I queued up my favourite movie: Mean Girls.

It has just the right amount of comedic genius without being too cringe or corny. Right when I got to the part where Cady Heron turns into a wild lion, ripping Regina George to bits, the doorbell rings. 

I glance at the clock. Then down at my pajama pants and camisole that I was wearing. Then at the front door. 

Shit, Luke's here.  

Sighing, I reach over to pause the movie and then leap off the couch to open the door. On the way, I rake my fingers through my hair, attempting to calm down my birds nest of curls. 

"Heya", Luke smiles. He's wearing jeans, a black hoodie and I could see the sparkle of a silver chain around his neck. His dirty blonde hair was ruffled perfectly into a messy bed-head look but I just knew that it was probably meticulously planned out with hair gel.