16 - it was a dare

"Favourite movie?"

Blake instantly replies, "Mean Girls". 

  Mean Girls? Seriously, Blake? That's such a chick flick. 

He notices my silence and looks over at me defensively questioning, "What!"

"Nothing", I wave off, biting my lip to stifle a laugh. We were still sitting on the swings. But instead of swinging wildly through the air, we were slowly pushing ourselves with our feet anchored strongly to the tanbark below. 

"It's a good movie", he defends, the tips of his ears tinged pink with embarrassment. 

"Right", I smile, looking somewhere, anywhere, so I won't burst out laughing. Unfortunately as I do this, I see someone I don't like. Hate even.

Jasper is now walking towards us.

"Why is he here?", I groan, nudging Blake so he'd know. He looks up and makes eye contact with Jasper. They do the "what's up" head nod thing and looks back to me.

"Why'd you hate him? You barely know him"

Trust me, I know him.

"Hey guys", Jasper greets, his usual playful self, "Sorry, am I interrupting this date?"

"See why I hate him?", I say sarcastically to Blake, rolling my eyes. Blake makes a face and turns to Jasper.

"Why are you here? Did you follow us?"

"Nah, well, yeah. I saw your car. Anyway, we got invited to Lockie's party tonight, coming?", Jasper questions, slipping off his sunglasses.

"And he only invited us now?"

Jasper gives him a look. Wow, turns out there's boy drama too. "I know, but it's meant to be killer"