18 - babysitting

With Ben and Becca storming into Blakes room every 5 minutes, Blake and I decided to watch a movie altogether, to keep both them - and us - entertained.  I got the honours of picking it and an hour and a half later, the credits of High School Musical begin to roll. 

"Why did we have to watch that?", Blake whines, dramatically clearing his laptop history instantly.

"Aw come on. Drop the cool guy act.", I laugh, "You've already admitted that you see Ms Civolli as the living embodiment of Ms Darbus"

And he, the living embodiment of Troy Bolton. 

"Oh", he mumbles, the tips of his ears tinging pink with embarrassment for being exposed as having a 'cool guy act'.  

"I bet you're secretly dreaming to be Troy on stage."

"That singing wannabe?"

"Knowing how unpredictable Ms Civolli is, she could easily make this play a musical.", I reason out. 

"If she does that, I'm out"

 I fake pout failing to resist the smile that grew on my face. 

"I have an understudy anyways"

"Seriously?", I scoff just at the thought. "This is a tiny high school play. Ms Civolli actually made an understudy?"

Blake gives me a pointed look. "I think this is her way of fulfilling her Broadway dreams" 

"Who's the understudy?"

"That Luke kid", he mumbles, turning his focus back to his laptop. 

"You're kidding", my jaw drops. Well, it isn't that much of a surprise. Not many boys are actually in the play. Hmm, if something happened to Blake on the day of the play, then I would be acting with Luke. 

I would kiss Luke. 

Why does that not seem as good as kissing Blake all of a sudden?