6

I awoke to something pulling on my collar. It was still dark out, and I didn't know what was going on. I started to wriggle around, when the pulling stopped, and two arms wrapped around my stomach, giving one hard yank. I fell backwards with the person into the road. I saw a blinding light, and squinted my eyes. I shoved the person back onto the sidewalk, just barely making it onto the sidewalk myself. I whimpered in pain as my leg started hurting a lot. Another light coming from the house, which wasn't as bright, pointed at me and the other person.
     "Save yourself" I whimpered.
     "(Y/n), I'm not leaving you behind." Aaron said. I squealed as Aaron picked me up and started to run.
     "Yes, this boy just took my daughter. Yes, we live at (house address), (street name). Yes, thank you. Bye." My mom said.
     "Aaron put me down. I don't want you to get involved." I whispered.
     "You need help. I won't leave you behind." Aaron whispered back.
     "That's sweet and all, but my mom got the cops involved, and that is something you don't want to deal with." I whispered. The cops pulled up to my house, and in fear, I squirmed out of Aaron's arms, and ran as fast as I could towards my mom.
     "Mom! I'm fine! He just thought I was injured, and wanted to help. Though, ever since I fell down the stairs, my leg has been hurting a lot." I lied. My mom faked a smile and hugged me.
     "Your dead" she whispered into my ear. I gulped, and pulled away. The cops offered to take us to the hospital to check my leg out, and my mom accepted. We sat in the back of the cop car as they drove us to the hospital. I pulled out my phone to text Shu and FC, hoping I wasn't waking them up.

     "Hey guys. This is so weird. I'm in the back of a cop car, heading to the hospital."

     "Seriously?" FC asked.

     "Yup. Hope I'm not waking you guys up or anything."

     "Nah, I'm good. Shu, how about you?" FC asked.

     After a few minutes without an answer, FC replied with,

     "She's probably out"

     "Well, its gonna suck cause I probably won't be back at school for a while, and I'll probably get a lot of homework at school."

     "Yeah, that might suck" FC said.

     I smiled, knowing that FC and Shu would always be there for me, even if it was 2 AM on a school night. I waited the rest of the way to the hospital, looking out the window. When we arrived, the cops helped me limp into the waiting room while my mom signed me in. After a few minuted of waiting, they helped me limp to one of the rooms. I rolled my pant leg up, and waited for the doctor. After she came, she said I had a broken leg, and a gash in my head. She put gauze on my head, and wrapped it in bandages, and put a cast on my leg. She gave me some crutches to use, and asked me to go into the waiting room while she spoke to my mom. After a few minutes, my mom came out and the officers drove us home.
     I thanked them, and hobbled into my house. I went upstairs and changed into my comfy (f/c) sweatpants and (f/c) tank top. Before I went to bed, I tried one more time to get the collar off. When that didn't work, I layed down on my bed, getting all comfy. I couldn't fall asleep, since my mind was racing.
     'Aaron helped me, he actually cares about me? No no no, I shouldn't be thinking about that. I didn't realize I would ever be in a police car. I'm just glad I wasn't there for something I did. But a broken leg? Come on! Now I won't be able to participate in gym. Wait, does Aaron like me?' I asked myself. I blushed at my last question, and covered my head with a blanket. 'Duh! Of course not! He probably already has a girlfriend. Wait, why do I care?' I asked myself. I got out of bed, grabbed my flashlight, art utensils, and my sketch book. I flipped to an empty page and started doodling. The doodle was part of a zebra, so I finished the drawing, pride evident in my eyes.

     I put my artwork away, plus my utensils, setting my flashlight on my nightstand, and finally, sleep welcomed me