16

I woke up bright and early this morning as my alarm blared in my ear. Normally I would hit snooze for the next few hours, but today was different. Today, I had a job interview, and exams were throughout the week. I can't believe there are already exams! That means school will be over soon! I can hope, right? It's still winter, but I have faith this school year will go by fast.
I leaped out of bed, and grabbed my uniform. I quickly stripped down, and pulled the skirt up, and the top over my head. I tiptoed out of my room, and down the stairs. Even Aaron refused to wake up this early, and that's saying a lot. I began cooking some toast and bacon for breakfast. I set two plates on the table, one for me, and one for Aaron when he wakes up. I finished my morning routine and ran upstairs. I packed a change of clothes in my bag, and everything I needed for the job application.
After standing around and playing (f/game) on my phone for an hour, I was impatient. I walked over to Aaron's door and knocked. In response, I heard a groan. I covered my mouth to muffle my laughter before walking into Aaron's room.
"Aaron, get your butt out of bed" I said, poking Aaron's shoulder.
"Just give me five more minutes" Aaron groaned.
"Aaron, I swear, you are lazier than me" I sighed, shaking my head.
"How much time do we have left?" Aaron asked, opening his onyx eyes slightly.
"One hour after you get ready. Why'd you ask?" I questioned.
"Then let me sleep for an hour" Aaron said, stuffing his face into his pillow.
"Fine, I'll just go die" I smirked. I began walking out of his room before strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back.
"Never, say that, ever again" Aaron said, giving me a hug. I awkwardly stood there, since I couldn't return the hug.
"I promise. Cross my heart, hope to live, stick a needle in my eye." I smiled.
"I see what you did there" Aaron said, as he pulled away from the hug.
"Good, because I want you to know I won't ever go that close to suicide ever again." I said. Aaron shoved me out of his room so he could change. While he was doing that, I stuck his breakfast in the microwave to warm it up again.
A feeling in my gut told me that today would drag on forever because I was looking forward to the interview. Aaron trudged down the stairs, and I handed him his plate. Aaron nodded in thanks, and began eating his breakfast.