15

I was nervous to talk to Aaron about this. I can already imagine how this conversation could go. I say my idea, Aaron argues, I try and explain why, I get hit or kicked out. Well, Aaron isn't like my mom, so it will most likely result in Aaron avoiding me.
     "Aaron, can I talk to you?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs.
     "Yeah, sure" Aaron said, setting his pencil down.
     "I-i wanted to ask you if I could get a job so I can save up for college and a new house." I said, closing my eyes shut. I didn't want to see his reaction, I was afraid to.
     "My family is rich, we gave give you the money!" Aaron argued. 'Now he's gonna ignore me! This is exactly what I thought would happen!'
     "I wanted to earn it on my own, so I feel better knowing I can support myself!" I replied.
     "I-i guess, but if you ever need help, tell me. I'll be right here to support you." Aaron said. I flinched as he said that. I still wasn't used to the whole being able to say my opinion and not being slapped thing.
     "S-so you're not mad?" I asked, opening one eye.
     "Of course not. I understand your reasons." Aaron said. I took a step forward, and gave Aaron a hug. "Where, do you plan on going?" Aaron asked, wrapping his arms around my back.
     "I was thinking the cafe down the street. They accept anyone 16 or older." I said, tilting my head up to look Aaron in the eye. Aaron nodded in acknowledgement.
     "Well, again, if you ever need help or feel stressed, tell me." Aaron said.
     "I will!" I giggled, and I smiled a real genuine smile. I ran into my room, and dialed the number, eyeing the flyer every now and then.
     "Hello, this is Fria's Cafe, how may I help you?" A lady answered.
     "U-uh, hello! I'm (y/n), and I saw the flyer for the cafe, and thought I would give it a shot!" I said.
     "Great! If you email us, we can send you the application to fill out. What time would be good to meet?" The lady asked.
     "I'm free everyday after three pm" I said.
     "So would next Monday at five pm work?" The lady asked.
     "Yes, that would be great! Thank you so much!" I replied.
     "No, thank you!*" she replied. He hung up, and I headed to their website. They seemed very professional for a cafe, but I guess they took this pretty seriously. I began to fill out an email, asking for the application.

     'Dear Fria's Cafe and their staff members,
          Hello! This is (y/n) the girl on the phone from earlier. I would like to apply for the job. Whatever you assign me to is fine! Thanks!
     Sincerely,
          (Y/n) (l/n)'

     I checked the email over for typos, and as soon as I was happy with it, I clicked send. I got a reply in less than five minutes.

     'Dear (y/n),
          Ah yes, Linda told me about you. You seem suitable for the job. Here's the link to the application. Fill it out before the meeting time, and I will see you then!
     Sincerely,
          Fria'

     Oh my gosh, they actually replied! I thought I would have to find another place instead! I quickly clicked the link, and filled out the application. All it really asked or as my full name, age, contact info, a short description of myself, and why I think I deserve the job. It was pretty easy, and I printed the application. I jogged downstairs, and grabbed a magnet. I marked the date on the calendar, and stuck the application to the fridge. Now I wouldn't be relying on Aaron and his parents' money!