11

"You're crazy! My mom would kill me!" I exclaimed.
     "Exactly. If she can't find you, she can't hurt you." Aaron said. "I appreciate to concern, but I'm fine Aaron." I said. "I highly doubt that" Aaron said. I walked into my house, closing the door before Aaron could come and get me.
     "Start moving" my mom growled, snacking a whip against her hand. I started to walk around, and she whipped my back. "Ow!" I yelped. "Put weight on your other leg!" She hissed. I gingerly put my leg down, and started limping around. "Use it like your other leg!" She yelled. I stood up straight and tall, and started walking around, putting even weight in both my legs. "Run!" She yelled. I started to jog, and jumped when the whip smacked my back. "I said run not jog!" She screeched. I glanced at her, her eyebrows furrowed and her hands on her hips, waving the whip back and forth. I tried to run, but my leg gave out on me. "If you aren't gonna try, then you deserve this!" She screeched. "Mom please I'm trying!" I cried. My mom left me in a crying heap on the floor so she could go get some beer. I heard a glass shattering, and my mom cussing.
     'Great, the alcohol is already kicking in' I thought to myself. My mom walked into the living room, leaning on the wall for support. I eyed the empty beer bottle in her hand, already knowing where this was going. A few moments later, red and blue flashing lights surrounded our house, and the loud noise of sirens filled our ears. "Son of a-" my mom muttered, smacking the bottle on my head. I was out cold in a matter of minutes. I could feel the tail of the whip leaving marks on my body, but I refused to open my eyes.
     "Put your hands in the air! You're under arrest!" An officer yelled. The beating stopped, and something pulled my head up. "Take a step closer and I'll shoot the girl" My mom threatened. I felt cold metal brush against my forehead. Quickly, the metal was gone, and replaced with someone holding me. I didn't dare open my eyes. "Cleanse and bandage her wounds" someone said. I closed my eyes tight as they poured peroxide on my wounds, and almost hissed in pain. I liked it here in the dark. There wasn't anything here to hurt me, and pain quickly faded. All the pain was caused from the outside world. Something deep inside me urged me to open my eyes, but I fought the urge.
     My sides were being squished from the bandages. I didn't have the strength to open my eyes. The darkness was becoming boring and lifeless. There was no entertainment or anyone else here. It was becoming dull here, the same routine everyday. Wake up, stare at the void, go back to sleep, and repeat the next day. The safe feeling soon vanished, and a new feeling replaced it, one I was to familiar with, fear.
     I squinted my eyes, everything in the room seemed to be a beam of light. I rapidly blinked my eyes, clearing the blinding feeling. I saw the paneled walls and tiled floors, as well as an IV in my arm. "Sir, she's awake" A nurse said. A tall, old man walked over to me.
     "I have a few questions for you, and I want you to answer honestly, okay?" He asked. I weakly nodded my head. "How long had your mother been abusing you?" He asked. I tried to respond, but my throat hurt. "Take a drink" he said, motioning to the glass of water next to my bed. I slowly drank the water, careful not to drink too much. "Ever since my mom forced me to go to school, which was maybe 6 or so months ago." I rasped. "What are those wounds covering your body?" He asked. I flinched, but responded. "Knife wounds. I cut myself after school." I whispered. Tears trickled down my face, the mention of self harm bringing back memories. "Why?" He asked. "I did it because my mom made me think I wasn't worth it. She made my life a living nightmare, and I just wanted to leave reality." I cried. He bent down, and gave me a hug. "You have some visitors who have been dying to see you." He said. I wiped my tears away, and took a long drink of water.
     No sooner that I had blinked, my friends rushed inside. "(Y/n)! You're okay!" Aphmau cried. I tried to shove her off, but I was too tired. I let everyone swarm me in a hug, since I was to tired to stop them. I was so happy to see them, I didn't even realize how lonely I had been. "I missed you guys" I said, a smile making its way across my face. "We missed you too!" Everyone said. "I didn't" Zane growled. Vylad elbowed Zane, and they both glared at each other. I gigged at their petty fight. "What, you think you can do better?" Zane spat. "If I wasn't in the hospital, than yeah!" I laughed. Zane muttered things to himself, probably about me, and left the room. Aaron walked over to me, and handed me a slip of paper. I read it over, surprised.
     'Dear (y/n),
          Since your father is out of town, and your mother is in prison, we were asked to raise you until you are 18. Aaron will be bringing you home once you may leave the hospital.
     Sincerely,
          (Aaron's mom's name)'

     "T-thank you! Just, if I'm ever a burden, please, tell me and I'll leave." I said, tears in my eyes.
     "I don't think that'll be a problem." Aaron said, the ghost of a smile prancing on his lips. I smiled, knowing my life could finally have a happy ending.

     THIS ISN'T THE END! IT WILL CONTINUE INTO MYSTREET, LOVE LOVE PARADISE, AND LOVER'S LANE! I WILL BE TAKING A WEEK OR SO OFF TO PREPARE FOR THE NEW SETTING!