8

It was prom tomorrow, and I'm still planning on going alone. Luckily, the school day was over, and I was heading to the music room. I sat down, my back leaning against the door. I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.
     "Go away, I don't wanna talk right now." The guy said. I frowned, and sat on the piano bench. I pulled my phone out and started texting FC and Shu.
     "Hey guys, are you excited for prom?"
     I swear I heard my phone echoing.
     "Do you have anybody to go with?" Shu asked.
     "No, I might be going with a few girl friends though"
     "FC, you there?" Shu asked.
     "Huh? Oh yeah" FC said.
     "I swear my phone is echoing! I have no idea why though."
     "I wasn't going to say anything, but mine is doing the same." FC said.
     "Wait..."
     I heard the doorknob jiggle. The door opened, to reveal FC, the person I never would have guessed. Aaron stood there at the open door. I covered my mouth, mixed emotions flowing through me.
     "FC?" I asked.
     "(username)?" Aaron asked. I ran up to him, and hugged him. I cried into his chest, glad that my best friend was also my savior.
     "A-are you sad it's me?" I asked, looking up at Aaron.
     "No, of course not! Are you?" Aaron asked.
     "I'm more glad than anything. My savior has been my friend all along." I said.
     "Savior?" Aaron asked.
     "Well, yeah. You tried saving me from my mom, and was there when I needed you. That's what friends are for right?" I asked. (BRO AARON JUST GOT FRIEND-ZONED! Sorry, I'm gonna go rebuild the fourth wall now.)
     "Uh, yeah" Aaron said. I wiped my tears away, and stood up on my tip toes. I sighed, and put my hands on Aaron's shoulders, hoisting myself up. I smirked, and looked down at Aaron. "Hey shorty, how's it going?" I asked. Aaron grabbed me, and pushed me off of him, putting me back on my feet. He rested his arm on my head, a small smirk on his face.
     "Who's the short one now?" Aaron asked. I pouted, crossing my arms and turning away from Aaron.
     "Meanie" I muttered. Aaron laughed, and I smiled, refusing to look at Aaron. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out and looked at the text.
     "Are you almost home?" Dad asked.
     "Er, yeah. What's up?"
     "When you get home, I need to tell you something." Dad said.
     "Er, Aaron, I need to go. My dad needs to tell me something, but he won't tell me through text. I'm guessing it's serious." I said.
     "O-okay, bye then" Aaron said. I waved goodbye, and jogged out of the music room. I ran home, and warily opened the door.
     "Dad, I'm home!" I called out. I saw my dad sitting at the kitchen table, his head in his hands. "Dad?" I asked, taking a seat next to him.
     "(Y/n), I have to leave again" My dad said. I felt my heart shatter into little pieces.
     "D-dad? B-but there's so much we haven't done! You don't need to leave just yet-" I rambled.
     "I have to leave in a few minutes. There isn't anything I can do about it. I'm sorry." Dad said. I didn't realize how hard I was trying to keep it together until the tears started flowing. I threw my arms around him, giving him a tight hug.
     "Daddy please don't leave me! I-if you l-leave me, she's gonna h-hit me again!" I wailed. He returned the hug, and grabbed the suitcases that were by his feet. He walked out the door, waving goodbye. I fell to the floor, choking on my tears.
     "Finally, he's outta the house" My mom said, coming out of the laundry room. She slapped me, hard, leaving a huge red mark on my cheek. She dragged me upstairs by my collar, and threw me inside my room. I got a text message from an unknown number, my phone vibrating against my leg. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and read the message.
     "Hey (Y/n), it's me, Gene. I was wondering if you would give me a chance 😊"
     'That's weird. Gene doesn't seem like the guy to use emojis. And asking ME to give him a chance? Did somebody steal his phone?' I asked myself.
     "Um, give you a chance, like a date?"
     "Y-yeah" Gene said.
     "..."
     "I don't know, I've heard tons or rumors..."
     "Not all rumors are true" Gene said.
     "Almost the whole school says you've blackmailed tons of kids... What if you're blackmailing me?"
     "I have no way to prove that I'm innocent, but you also have no way to prove I'm guilty." Gene said.
     "I don't know, I just don't feel the same way. Sorry"
     Gene didn't answer me for a while, and I started to worry. I didn't text back, and neither did he. I crouched down, forgetting I had a pair of my scissors hanging from a handle on my desk. I scratched my forehead on the scissors, blood dripping onto the floor. But what I realized was, it didn't hurt! I took the scissors, and lightly ran it across my arm. I pushed them into my side, small droplets of blood forming around the wound. I noticed, it didn't hurt as much as I had expected it to. It also felt like a burden was being taken off my shoulders, like each cut was some sort of reminder that I was still human, or something like that.
     I went into my closet, and hung my prom dress on a hook, flattening it with my hands. I curled up on my bed, wanting nothing more then sleep to come.

 I curled up on my bed, wanting nothing more then sleep to come