10

"Thanks again!" I called out, walking up the steps.
     "No problem" Sylvanna said, driving off. I sighed, and went inside. Mom wasn't back yet, so I had some time to do what I needed to to. I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a black tank top. I jammed my pocket knife into my pocket, and jumped out the window. I ran to the park, my ears flat against my head and my tail flowing behind me. I wrapped my arms on the lowest tree branch, and pulled myself up. I climbed higher, until all I could see was the vast sky and branches.
     I yawned, my lower lip tucking beneath my fangs. I started to tap my foot to the rhythm of Bad Apple, and started to sing along. As I sang, I rang my pocket knife across my arms. I lifted up my shirt, and cut across my sides and stomach. Blood dripped off my arms and onto the tree branches and the ground.
                                                                    ???'s POV

     As I was walking home, I heard a beautiful voice singing. I walked into the park, and over to a tree, where the voice was the loudest. I stood beneath the tree, my back against the tree, listening to her sing. I was in a trance, until a wet droplet fell onto my head. 'I didn't know it was supposed to rain.' I thought to myself. A ton more drops fell onto my head. I wiped them off with my hand, but quickly noticed a large smudge of blood on my hand.
     I stepped away from the tree, and saw how much blood was dripping down the tree. I pulled myself up into the tree, and searched for the girl. When I found her, I saw her familiar (h/l) (h/c) hair. I tapped her shoulder, and she jumped a bit, and turned to face me. Her beautiful face was smeared with blood and tears, old and new scratches covering her arms and neck, and blood seeping through her shirt. Huge holes in her jeans revealed clean cuts, and gushing blood. It looked like she had attempted to cut her collar off. She stood up, and started to climb down the tree. I grabbed her shirt collar, and pulled her back. Her (e/c) eyes were bloodshot from crying, and a few tears were forming at the corners of her eyes.
     "(Y/n), tell me what's wrong" I demanded. She wiped her eyes on a clean part of her shirt.
     "A-aaron, I can't do this anymore" she cried.
     "Do what anymore?" I asked.
     "I can't keep living anymore! That's what! Going to school is torture, and dreading the end of the day because you only have an hour or so to do homework and chores is even worse. And even after you've cleaned up, not a speck of dust anywhere, you are still beaten. I can only have a small breakfast, lunch, and if I'm lucky, a few crackers. I just want this to be over!" (Y/n) cried. I pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back.
     'She has to live like that everyday?' I asked myself. (Y/n) sobbed into my shoulder. I carried her down the tree, and set her down. I grabbed her hand, and helped her walk to my house. I opened the door, and had her sit on the counter. I ran to grab the first aid kit so I could tend to her wounds.

                                                                     Your POV

     I waited on the counter, watching my blood drip onto the floor. Aaron came back into the kitchen, and started to clean and bandage my wounds. I grit my teeth in pain as Aaron cleans my wounds. I took my hat off, and flicked my ears.
     "When did you get your ears pierced?" Aaron asked, trying to make small talk.
     "Today after school. I did it myself." I said. Aaron helped me off the counter, and helped me walk up the stairs. He led me to a room, and helped me sit on the bed. "Aaron, when do I have to go home?" I asked.
     "Never, you can stay here" Aaron replied. I blinked my eyes in disbelief.
     "Really? I don't want to be a burden or anything." I said. Aaron put his hand on my shoulder for reassurance.
     "Goodnight. Call me if you need anything." Aaron said, walking out of the room. I laid down on the bed, and drifted off into a nightmarish slumber.

     "H-hello?" I called. I could see nothing but darkness. Each time I took a step, I could hear the echoing sound of water. I continued, until I tripped over something. I looked back, and saw a hand on the floor. I screeched, and threw myself back. I rammed into something elsee and ran forward. I flattened my ears, and spun in a circle. Dad, and all my friends surrounded me, their eyes replaced with empty voids or mismatched buttons. They slowly took a step towards me, and the sickening sound of Ivy and my mother cackling in the background echoed in my head. "There is no escape" They said. As soon as theirs cold hands grabbed me, I jolted awake.

   I sat up, a cold sweat covering my body, and blood stains on the bed and on my shirt. I tried to wipe the sweat off my forehead, but it only resulted in more sweat on my head and arm. I slowly pulled myself to my feet, and walked outside of the room, hunched over. I leaned against the wall for support as I walked downstairs. I saw Aaron in the kitchen, cooking bacon and (f/breakfast). "Thanks for your hospitality, but I really can't stay here. We both know it Aaron." I said, feeling for my pocket knife, which was tucked in my pocket.
     "It's dangerous to go back to your mom. You could die!" Aaron argued. "Well maybe it would make some peoples lives easier! My mom would have more money for beer and drugs, Ivy wouldn't have to go out of her way to attack me, and all my friends wouldn't have to worry about me!" I cried. My knees became very wobbly, and just barely kept me on my feet. I took a deep breath to calm down. "I also have to go get my cast removed. I'd rather go with my mom so they don't bother her later." I said.
     I ate what I could, the first real meal I've had in a while, and left. Once I had gotten home, I left a note on the table telling my mom I had gone to get my cast removed, but it's not like she would care or anything. After I had tied my crutches to my bike, I hopped on and coasted all the way to the hospital. I wobbled into the office, and signed in. After less than half an hour of waiting, they called me back. "(Y/n) (l/n), correct?" The nurse asked. I nodded, and sat on the table. She laid out her tools, and started to snip away at my cast. She had me bend my knee and toes, and helped me off the table. "Do you have a parent with you?" The nurse asked. "Uh, no, she was working late tonight." I lied. I wobbled out to the front desk, and layed the last half for my cast. I hobbled out, and hopped on my bike, coasting back to my house. Aaron was waiting at the front door, expecting me to be back soon.
     "Aaron? Why are you here?" I asked. "To take you back to my place."