9

I awoke to the worst wakeup call. Not water, not a air horn, but open blinds and a slap to the face. I jolted awake, and stared at my attacker, only to blink my eyes, the sun burning my eyes.
     "Your late" My mom growled. I checked my clock, and threw my covers off of myself.  I grabbed my uniform, and tossed the top over my tank top, and ran to the bathroom. I pulled my skirt on, and quickly brushed my hair. I popped a piece of bread in the toaster, and tapped my foot while I waited. As soon as it popped up, I grabbed it, and slid my backpack on. I ate my toast as I ran, not having any other choice.
     "Why didn't my alarm go off? It's 12 pm!" I growled. I arrived at school, and quickly grabbed my stuff for creative writing, and an extra jacket. I ran to the class, and opened the door.
     "(Y/n), explain why you are late" the teacher said. My hands were on my knees, and I was panting heavily.
     "Alarm...didn't...go...off" I panted.
     "And your mother or father didn't wake you?" She asked. I froze in my tracks, and Ivy raised her hand.
     "Miss, that's a touchy subject for her-"
     "Aww, is Ivy being nice for once?"
     "-since her parents don't love her!" Ivy smirked. I could hear her group giggling in the back. I pulled my hood over my face, as if it would hide the hard truth. I ran out of the classroom, dropping my bag as I ran.
     I ran to the girl's locker room, and sat against my locker, tears streaking my face. I let out quiet sobs, not wanting a teacher to come lecture me or turn this into a interview or something. I tried to stop the tears, constantly rubbing my eyes, but it didn't work. The bell rang, and I bolted for the door. I made it out before the majority of the school, and climbed a tree. I let myself break down again, fiddling with my ears. I rolled my sleeve up, and pulled my pocket knife out of my pocket, and hesitantly ran the blade across my arm.
     'One for being stupid
     One for being late
     One for letting emotions get in the way
     One for crying in class
     One for being a failure
     One for being born
     One for involving others in my own problems
     And five for existing.' I thought to my self. My blood dripped off my arm, onto the branch and grass that was far below me. I waited in the tree for the rest of school, and waited until everyone had left. I started climbing down, scratching myself on the branches. I pulled my hood down farther, and walked home. I heard footsteps being me, causing me to walk faster. The person behind me started to run, so I bolted home. I ran inside and ran to my room. I cut my arm again, for almost getting caught. I wiped the blood off the blade, and hid it in my nightstand drawer. I had the greatest idea, since I had the materials. I took a skull earring, and attached it to a wire, which I stabbed through my ear. I trimmed it, and attached a small chain to two clamps, which I locked onto my ear, as well as a few other piercings. I sat back, and watched the blood drip off my ear.
     "What should I use for my other ear?" I asked myself. I took a rose that was a mix of black and purple, and put the earring through my ear. I looked in the mirror, my ears drenched with blood. "I should clean that up" I muttered. I grabbed a tissue, and started wiping the blood away. I glared at my prom dress, wanting nothing but to burn it. "Now that, is good work for an inexperienced person." I said, looking at my piercings. I checked my phone, and started responding to my texts.

     "Hey (y/n), we're coming to pick you up at about 5:00, is that okay?" Aphmau asked.
     "Sure, I'm down"
     "Okay!" Aphmau texted.
     I changed into the dress, and pulled a matching hat over my ears. I checked myself out in the mirror, and pulled the zipper up on the dress. I did a quick smokey eye, winged eyeliner, and black lipstick. I slipped a jacket on, hiding my wounds. I moved downstairs, and waited outside. I nervously tugged on my collar, it becoming part of me more and more by the day. Sylvanna pulled up in the drive way, and I jogged over to the car. I stepped inside, scanning Lucinda, Aphmau, Katelyn, and Kawaii~Chan's dresses.