Secrets

Later that day, I found a little surprise waiting in my office.

It was a rose.

I sat on my chair and just stared at the rose thinking who might be the one that gave me this. When I tried to smell the rose, a small paper card fell from the stem.

A note.

"Come down and see me sometime"

  -J

***
When I arrived at his cell, I saw him lying on his bed, whistling the same song he did yesterday.

"Hello Doctor" He was now smiling at me. His smile was kinda telling me that he was expecting me to go to him right away.

"Care to tell me how this got in my office?"

"I put it there" I heard a hint of confident in his voice.

"I think Dr Leland would be interested to know that you've been out of your cell."

I raised an eyebrow on him but he didn't seem to be affected.

"Oh cmon, toots. If you were really going to tell them... You already would have"

He was.... flirting with me, I think.

"You know, sweets. I liked what I heard about you."

"Uh really? ... Anything in particular?"

"Mostly the name... Harley Quin--zel. Rework it a bit and you get Harley Quinn, like the classic clown character, Harlequin... The very spirit of fun and frivolity. "

"You can see how I'd be attracted to it." Now, he was really flirting with me.

"I guess now if there's nothing else..."

He cutted me off again.

"A NAME... that puts a SMILE on my face."

I was about to leave when he said something.

"It makes me feel that there is someone here who can relate to me. Someone who might like to hear my secrets."

His secrets, huh?

"Let me think about it, Mr. Joker"