April 1; part 1

April 1

I was summoned by Dr. Leland. A guard told me to go to her office.

I knocked.

"Come in."

I saw her doing paperwork.

"Oh! Harleen, it's you. Please, sit down"

"What is it that you asked me for, Joan?"

"It's about your sessions with The Joker. It's canceled. It seems to me that he had given a big interest to you. This is for your own good, Dr. Quinzel. Goodbye"

My jaw fell.
How can she say it just like that?

"What?!! What do you mean by canceled. You can't separate me from my puddin'"

I slammed both of my hands on her table.

"Puddin'? Harleen, this is dangerous. He's got you!"

She was shocked. She looked scared of me.

"How dare you?!!"

I was about to lift my right hand to slap her face but I accidentally pushed a small glass bottle along with some papers on the floor.

The files got my attention. It was my work. My files about Mistah J.

But what pissed me off was that I saw her name as the psychiatrist who made the files.

I looked at Joan with hatred.

She looked very guilty.

"I thought you were watching out for me but you actually wanted me to do the therapy work with The Joker even though my life's at risk while you handle the less psychotic ones then steal my work. Then now that you got what you want, you're gonna take me away from my puddin'!"

"I'm so--"

I didn't let her finish.

I pick up a shard of the broken glass and stabbed her in her arm, stomach, and heart.

She wasn't dead yet but I let her be.

"It wasn't me" I commanded her.

Her eyes were wide open.

She mouthed to me "You!!"

I stepped on her arm. She cried in pain.

"It wasn't me, right?"

She nodded with tears in her eyes.

I went to her bathroom to clean myself up.

I left the room making sure there was no evidence left that can prove me as the culprit.

When I saw a guard outside, holding a letter with Joan's name on it. I was panicking but I immediately thought of a plan.

"Help! Help! Somebody, anyone, please! There's a killer on the loose!"

The guard rushed to me.

"What happened? Who's hurt?"

I started crying with fake tears. I'm sure he won't notice. I'm a good actress.

"It Joan. Oh! Poor Joan. Someone tried to kill her."  I sobbed.

He rushed inside the office to find Dr. Leland.

He was shocked to find her in such a pitiful condition.

"I need backup in Dr. Joan Leland's office. There's a killer on the loose. Call an ambulance, she's been stabbed." The guard said to his coworker through his phone.