Chapter Three:

buy me a coffee! ko-fi.com/lilyrider

"Ms.Goodman called" Ruby told me as I came bounding down the stairs. "About?" I asked, sitting on the barstool and pulling my brown riding boots on and looping the creep colored scarf around my neck. "To check up" She said, walking over and handing me a cup of green tea. "She isn't going to send me away.. is she?" I asked, sipping it lightly as I fluffed my hair up slightly. "You've only been here 3 days, Allie. And not if I can help it" She smiled and slid the convertible keys across the countertop. "I have a breakthrough coming with a painting i'm doing.. gotta' concertrate" She said winking as I smiled "I'll be home at 4" I yelled over my shoulder, putting my backpack over my shoulder and walking outside.

Getting in the car and turning it on, I drove to school faster than Ruby had. Probaly because I wanted to get out of there and away from Ms.Goodmans phone call that I still didn't know the reason for.

Pulling into the parking lot, I parked in a spot and pulled the keys out of the ignition, shoving them in my pocket as I got out of the car and pulled my backpack on when a heavy arm slipped around my shoulders. "Hey beautiful" The husky voice cooed in my ear, making me shudder. "Hey Sam" I said shutting the door.

"How are you?" He asked as I saw Gray, Jess, and Ammi standing near the fountain. "Eh.. not so good" I mumbled, waving at Gray who shot me a warning look as we approached. "How?" He said, rubbing my army green overcoated arm gently. "Erm.. I got a call from a unwanted person and it killed my mood" I shrugged and he nodded, squeezing me gently as we approached. "I'll see you in first hour" Sam whispered in my ear, his lips brushing my ear sending shudders down my body.

He was gone in a instant, walking to where Andrew and the rest of their friends where standing. Shrugging, I smiled as I walked up Gray, Jess, and Ammi. "Hey" I said happily, forgetting Ms.Goodmans call. "Why where you walking with Sam?" Gray said hurridly. "I got out of Rubys car and he wrapped his arm around me and we had a small conversation and then he left..why?" I asked and she nodded understandingly.

"Just ignore him, alright?" Ammi said quickly and I pursed my lips in confusion "He has a reputation" She explained, pushing her blonde short hair behind her ears and bitting her lip nervously. "What kind of reputation?" I asked weakly, biting my thumb nail "Like a fights..drinking.. do and ditch reputation.. if you know what I mean" Jess said and I rolled my lips together "Well someone as gorgeous as him must have a reputation... And why didn't you tell me yesterday?" I said shifting from one foot to the other, looking over my shoulder at Andrew, and Sam who where laughing with their friends. "We thought he was doing it to set Andrew up with you" Ammi explained and I nodded "Thanks for telling me".

We chatted for a minute, me occasionly turning to see Sam rough housing with his friends and winking at me everytime he got a punch in. "I'll walk with you to 1st hour" Jess told me, looping her arm through mine and pulling me across the campus until we reached a near empty hallway. Her brown hair was pushed back revealing her dark brown eyes and thin lips. "I'm telling you this for a reason, Allie" She whispered, clenching her jaw as a group of girls passed. "Alright" I said, motioning for her to continue.

"Sam and Gray used to date.. and it did not end well at all. Their families got involved and it was a big deal-a really big deal. Now they hate eachother and it's this.. well its this big deal. So.. just stay away, alright? Ignore him." Jess ended, and I nodded. "We better get to class" I mumbled as the bell rang. Turning, I waved at her and walked to my locker, unloading my books and getting my trapper keeper before heading to class.

Sitting in my normal spot, I ignored Sam when he entered class and sat behind me. Class began and I tried to ignore Sam-really I did- but him breathing on my neck and chuckling everytime I cringed finally got to me. "Stop" I said sternly, turning to face him with a wicked glare. "What'd I do, Kitten?" Sam asked smirking "P-please stop" Facing the front, I moved my desk forward and heard a low growl come from behind me.