Chapter Fifty-One:

"That was really good. I'm so full" I mumbled, scooting my chair back and rubbing my full stomach. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, since there won't be a lot of dinners with you after you and Sam get married" Ruby said, and I heard a slight sadness that she tried to replace with cheer.

"Don't you worry about that, I'll probably be over here every night for dinner. Sam and I both can't cook" I giggled, remembering the trip to the lake and Sam's horrible pancakes.

Closing my eyes, I let my head lull back against the kitchen chair. "I wish I could've fixed the problems with your mother earlier. I would've known you and Ian when you were young and maybe this entire thing wouldn't have happened." Ruby said, lifting our plates and moving over to the sink. I turned to face her, watching her bony hands as she washed the dishes.

"I'm glad it did though. I learned a lot with Grandma Annie and Ms. Goodman and you, Ruby." Standing, I walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.

"If you had patched things up with my mom earlier, everything would have been completely different. Maybe you'd have moved closer and I never would have met Sam." My voice cracked at the thought of never meeting Sam.

We'd probably never go through Oklahoma, Sam'd probably marry Gray, I'd probably go to art school and buy a bar so I could let my creative spirit do what it wanted, and we'd never know the amazing love we never got to have.

"If I had patched things up with your mom earlier, maybe she wouldn't be dead." Ruby said, tears in her eyes as I pulled back. "No, don't think like that. I did for a while and it just gets worse. It's not our fault they are dead. It's theirs" I gulped, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill.

Pulling back to Ruby, I rubbed her back as she cried and I did the same. Sometimes you can't control your thoughts, and thinking she was responsible for my families death was one of the things you can't control.

Ruby pulled away and grabbed a tissue from the counter, dabbing under her eyes and blowing her nose. "Why don't you head up to bed darling? I'll clean up" She said quietly, patting my shoulder "Yeah okay" I said quickly, walking over to the fridge and grabbing a water bottle. "I'll be upstairs if you need anything" I said quietly, walking up to my room.

Sam was at a meeting, meaning he wouldn't be here till late or not at all, not that I minded much. Lucy said I had to get use to Sam being gone during night, since he was Alpha and had a lot of meetings to go to. Why did they have to happen at night?

~~

Sometime in the night I felt the bed dip and I smiled, knowing it had to be Sam. "How was the meeting?" I murmured into my pillow, backing up so we could cuddle properly. He didn't speak so I assumed something bad happened, but he didn't come out and tell me like he normally would. "Come here and cuddle please?" I asked, suddenly feeling 10 times colder.

After a few seconds I didn't feel his warmth, and there was no movement either so he couldn't be getting undressed. "Did something happen? Do we need to talk about it?" I asked, backing up a bit more. Still, no movement or sound. "Sam, what's wrong?" I finally asked, flipping over and seeing the complete opposite of Sam.

Pushing away, I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around my almost naked body. "What the Hell are you doing here?" I hissed, reaching my hand out to grab my phone and dial Sam's number. David was sitting on the bed, an evil smirk on his lips while Ian looked proud and fulfilled. "Stop that" David commanded, grabbing my arm and yanking me so I was beside him.

"Let me go!" Screaming, I tried to push him away, but he held on tightly to my arm. "Stop squirming, Al. We're here to save you" Ian said proudly, stepping forward and pulling my hand from David's grip "No, please Ian, I want to stay with Sam".

Ian just held my hand tighter, pulling me closer to him with every second "Ruby!" I screamed repeatedly, hoping she would come get me. "No you don't, Al. He's brainwashing you!" Ian screamed, putting his ice-cold hand on the back of my neck.

Tears where flooding down my face and I had no control what-so-ever on my sobs. "He's not, I love him" I cried, yanking my hand away from him and trying to move away. "Oh, beg for mercy" David laughed, pushing Ian away and hooking his hands under my arms and yanking up from the bed.

"She's too thin, Ian." David said like it was no big deal, spinning me around. "Sam!" I screamed as loud as I could, crumbling to the ground and hugging my knees to my chest. "Ruby's coming. The dogs are surrounding us" Ian said, looking at my open window. "We can get her" David said, licking his lips.

"It's way too risky, David. We can get her later-" Ian tried but David stopped him "I've waited long enough!" He screamed, grabbing a chunk of my hair and pulling me up. I didn't feel the pain, probably the adrenaline. "You promised my sister for your life, and I want her!" David screamed and realization hit me.

My brother practically sold me.

"It's too risky. Do you want the dogs to get-" He tried but the door swung open and Ruby stood there with a shot gun. "Get the f*ck out of here" She said, cocking the gun and aiming it at David. "We'll be back, beautiful." David said, pulling me to him and planting a burning kiss on my cheek. And with that the two were gone.

I stood in shock, reaching my hand up and touching my burning cheek. "Allie!" Ruby screamed, running over and dropping the gun on my messy unmade bed. Sinking to the ground, I pulled a blanket off the bed and wrapped it around my shaking body while hell froze over around me.

People ran in half clothed, shouting and screaming about how they got in and where they went. I just laid on the ground, shaking and thinking about Ian.

My brother sold me.

"Allie, are you okay?" Someone screamed as I felt my eyes flutter closed. "Yes, I'm okay" I lied, and then everything went black.