Chapter Thirty-Four: Unedited

"Allie? Allie, wake up" A kind voice cooed, and a frenzied hand shook my shoulder. Opening one eye, I saw a frazzled Ruby. "I'm up, i'm up." I grumbled, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

Her white blonde hair was pulled into a tight french braid, and she wore yoga pants and a blue short sleeve shirt, both where covered in sweat.

"Oh, you're safe. Thank the Lord you're safe! You're here, you're home, you're safe. " She gasped, pulling me to her and hugging me so tight I was gasping for breath.

She released me for a few seconds before pulling me back to her and rocking me slowly. "He didn't hurt you, did he?" She asked, petting my hair and moving it away from my face. "Sam would never hurt me Ruby".

Pulling away, I took her hands away from my face with a concerned expression. "But you would. Ruby, he's my mate, and you took me away from him" I said gently, looking at the ground. "I ne-" She tried, but I stopped her; "It's my life Ruby, and I deserve the right to stay with him." I whispered and she nodded.

"I don't want you to make the same mistake your mom did marrying Toby, I-"

"Mistake? My mothers marriage was not a mistake! Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was not a mistake! You don't get to call it a mistake, because you where never around to see it!" I yelled, pushing away from her and standing up.

I don't know what happened to me, I was stressed and tired and she was telling me my parents marriage was a mistake! Allie without Sam, stressed, and tired is a no-go. Gtfo.

"Your mother had sex out of wedlock, Allie! She got pregnant and married your father! Is that what you want? To have a baby at 17, 'cause that's where your heading! I'm only trying to look out for you, sweet heart" Ruby hissed at me, her lips in a thin line showing her disgust.

Breathing hard, I shook my head with a scowl. "You do not get to judge her mistakes, Ruby. Not here, not now, not ever" I cried, walking over to my suit case and emptying it onto the floor.

"Where are you going?" She asked, standing and walking over to me "Away from you. I never understood the beef between you and my mom, but now, I do." I said over my shoulder, stuffing clean clothes into my bag.

"You're not 18, Allie. I'm still your guardian, I'm still your parent" She said calmly, pulling my clothes out of my bag and putting them back in my dresser. "It's a few months, Ruby! I can stay with Sam till then!"

"You're tired, and stressed. You need to calm down!" She hissed, taking my hands and pulling them to her lips.

It was true, maybe I was over reacting. But give me a break, I did have a very stressful few days. "Can I call Sam?" I asked, letting go of the jeans and letting her take them. "No, I think you need to relax and stay away from Werewolf boyfriends. Go lay down and i'll go get some melotonin and some chamomile tea. You can lay in bed and watch Netflix all day, okay?" She said gently, calming me down.

"Yeah. Okay" I said, making my way back to my bed and sliding in. I was beyond confused, but Ruby was right. I was stressed and tired.

She came back a few minutes later with a bottle of water, a small white pill, and a mug full of tea.

~~~~~(*Sam's P.o.V*)~~~~~

"Sam, you little sh-" Andrew yelled as I walked inside. "Sam!" Mom screamed, running over and hugging me. Hugging her back, I closed my eyes and let her calm me down before the sharp sting of a slap stung my cheek.

Opening my eyes, I saw a furious Andrew standing next to a equally furious mom. "You do not run off like that, do you understand young man?" Mom said, holding my cheek in her hand "But Allie needed me, Ma'! You know about the mating bond and Ruby took her away from me-" I tried to defend myself but she jerked my jaw down so I was looking at her.

"What you meant to say was 'Yes Ma'am'"

Andrew laughed, earning a glare from mom.

"You left the pack, Sam. A Alpha cannot do that" She told me, and I nodded, opening my mouth to speak. "Even if it was for the Luna, which Allie is not"

Mom pulled Andrew and I to the kitchen, sitting us at the bar and going to make a snack. "Yes she is, she's my mate"

"You two haven't mated, and she hasn't been introduced to the pack. She hasn't even met your father or me-" Mom started, pulling peanut butter and jelly out of the fridge. "She did meat dad, and he threatened her. That's why I beat the old man into submission-" I scowled, clenching my fist.

"That 'old man' is your father." She snapped, and I rolled my eyes. "Sorry. But I don't plan on putting her around dad or anyone in the pack till my title is announced and she is officially the Luna" I said, looking to Andrew for support. "I woulden't put Allie around any unmated wolf until you've mated, Sam." He shrugged, and mom nodded.

"Andrew has been telling me how beautiful she is, and I think it's a good idea.." Mom said, winking at me "And I want grand children".

Biting my lip, I resisted the urge to punch Andrew for calling my mate beautiful. "No, Allie would want me to wait until we got married or something, she is human and I don't want to take that humanity away from her" I trailed off, as mom pushed the plate in front of me.

"I think that's you admitting you're whipped." Andrew laughed, eating a grape. Throwing a apple at him, I growled and looked at my mother.

She looked proud, and I felt her warm hand on my cheek "I think I raised you right."

A/N:

I'm feeling much better after 12 hours of sleep! So, question of the chapter;

"I think Ruby is a ________"

Tell ME what YOU think Ruby is~