.04

Luke

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me, Luke!" My mom shouted.

I just told my parents that I was pregnant, I knew I was gonna get this reaction, so I prepared myself for it.

"Have you learned anything from Ben and Jack?! I thought you would be more responsible than this!" She screamed, her face turned red.

"Mom, I was drunk-"

"You were what?! How did you get ahold of alcohol, Luke Robert?!" She shouted. "Better yet, don't answer that, I don't even wanna know" she said quickly, before I could answer.

"I'm sorry."

"You're sorry? That's all you can say?" She asked. "You're pregnant, Luke, it's too late to be sorry." She said, crossing her arms, starting to tear up.

"Where did I go wrong with all of you? I raised all of you to be smarter than this. Is karma finally here for all the bad things I've done in my life?" She asked herself, but then looked at me.

"So whose the father?" My dad said, after being silent the whole time.

"W-What?" I said, looking at my dad.

"Whose the father?" He asked slower. "I know you didn't climb on top of yourself and make this baby on your own."

I bit my lip, not sure if I should tell them or not. I mean, they're not gonna ever want to see him...right?

"His name is Michael." I finally said.

"And how did you met Michael?" My mom asked.

"At the arcade." I said, telling her the same lie I told her on my birthday.

"And how in the hell did it go from going to the arcade, to having unprotected sex?" My father asked.

"Me and Calum went to the arcade, we met these two guys who were older-"

"How much older?" My mom interrupted.

"I don't know, like...two or three years?" I said.

"You had sex with a nineteen year old?!" My mom said.

"That part was my fault, I didn't tell him my age." I said.

My mother sighed and nodded for me to keep going.

"Alright, so me and Calum met Michael and his friend. We played a few games there and then we went into the woods. There was alcohol, we drank some, and after that, it was a blur." I lied.

Both of my parents were shocked. First, because their youngest child had sex, and also because their youngest child had sex, in the woods.

"Are we gonna meet this Michael guy? Does he even know?"

"He does."

"And..?"

"He still has yet to text me back and tell me what he wants to do." I said, before hearing my phone go off. "Speaking of him, he's calling." I said, getting up and going outside on my front porch to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Luke?"

"That would be me." I said.

"I made up my mind, can we meet somewhere?" He asked nervously.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah, sure, where at?"