.16

Michael

When I heard the bang, I closed my eyes, waiting to feel the firing pain to come.

But it never did.

I slowly open my eyes, afraid to see something that I don't wanna see. And I was right, what was in front of me was the last thing I wanted to see.

A dead body.

To be more specific, Zayn's dead body. His body was face down, with a gunshot wound in the back of his head. There was a puddle of blood around his head, that's when I decided to scoot away from him and look away from him.

"Is everyone alright?" I heard an unfamiliar voice. I looked over and it was a police officer. I never thought I would ever be so happy to see a police officer in my life, but I guess today is the day.

"N-No, I don't know." I said, still shaken up.

"Is anyone else in the house?" The police officer asked, before calling someone to remove Zayn's body.

"M-My pregnant boyfriend, m-my best friend, a-and his pregnant boyfriend." I said, my eyes still closed.

The officer nodded. "Alright, make sure they don't come out, I don't want anyone else seeing this." He said, before letting the paramedics put Zayn' body in a body bag.

I slowly got up and went in my room. Once I was inside, I looked over and saw a very scared Luke, with tear stains on his cheeks.

"Baby?"

Luke quickly turned around, his eyes growing wide in shock.

"Michael?!" He said, before running over and wrapping his arms around me. "Oh my god, I thought he...I thought he-"

"He didn't, I'm okay." I whispered, kissing his head several times, just glad that this was all over.

"But what was that big bang?" He asked, pulling away to look at me.

I bit my lip, not sure if I wanted to tell him, but he would eventually put two and two together, so I might as well just tell him.

"A police officer shot him down." I said, biting my lip. "He's dead." I added.

Luke gasped, covering his mouth. "Oh my.." he said. "This is my fault."

"No Luke, none of this is your-"

"Yes it is! I shouldn't have been snooping into your phone, I shouldn't have answered that call, and I shouldn't have gotten him so mad to the point where he wanted to kill someone." He said, tears running down his face.

"Luke, stop it! Please!" I said, loud enough to snap him out of it. "You didn't do anything wrong, if anything, I should've been truthful to you. I shouldn't have had something like this hidden from you." He said. "I'm sorry." I said.

He just nodded and started crying in my chest. I held him close to me and just rubbed his back, kissing his head and telling him that everything will be fine.

About an hour later, there was a knock at my door. I got up and answered the door, seeing a police officer.

"Hello, I'm Officer Payne, I'm here to escort you and your boyfriend out of here and maybe ask you some questions on how this happened."

I nodded and looked over at Luke, holding out my hand. "Come on, babe, let's get out of here."

"C-Can I umm...can I just pack some things to take with me? I don't want to stay in this house tonight." He said.