.06

Michael

I haven't had anyone come over my house to meet my parents since I was like thirteen, and there's a reason for that.

My parents are very strict. You can only imagine that I wasn't allowed to do anything, so what did I do? I rebelled against them. When I turned fifteen, that's when I got in trouble for the first time.

Me and Ashton thought it was a good idea to throw eggs at Mrs. Robert's house. She was such an old bitch and had nothing better to do but sit on her porch and call us homosexual vampires (we also thought it was a good idea to dye our hair black and wear nothing but black as well), so we waited until it got dark, then threw a whole carton of eggs at her windows. The only reason we got busted, was because a cop just moved in on our street a few days ago and just so happened to look out his window and saw us doing it.

I was grounded for a whole month, but that didn't stop me from rebelling behind my parents' backs.

As I got older, me and Ashton settled down and started just selling and smoking wèed, going to parties, and drinking every night. The whole college thing was my parents' idea, I only went because they agreed to pay for my college education and agreed to pay half of the rent for my apartment, so I figured why the hell not? College parties are the best.

But after today, I'm probably gonna have to kiss that goodbye.

I parked the car in front of my parents' red brick house, their fancy cars in the driveway.

I opened the door for him, then led him up the pathway and up the front stairs

I opened the door for him, then led him up the pathway and up the front stairs. I knocked on the door loudly, since my dad is hard of hearing at times. We waited out there for a few seconds, then the door swung open, my dad popping his head through the door.

"Michael, what the hell are you doing here?" He asked. "It's almost 8pm, it's getting late." He said.

"Yeah, I know, but I came to talk to you and mom, it's important." I said.

He sighed. "Did you get in trouble with the cops again? I swear to god, Michael-"

"No, dad, but it is important."

He looked at both me and Luke, and then opened the door wide enough for us to come in. I walked in first, and then Luke followed behind.

"Whose your friend, Michael?" My dad asked.

"His name is Luke, his part of the thing I wanna tell you and mom." I said.

My dad looked at him and nodded. He thank turned around and stood at the bottom of the stair. "Karen! Michael's here!"

"Micheal?! My baby is home?!" I heard my mother, then heard her running down the stairs. My mother appeared and looked at me, running over to me and pulling me into a hug.