.11

Michael

I followed behind Luke, knowing he was upset. I didn't want him to stress out about his mother, he had bigger things to worry about.

"Babe, wait, slow down." I said, trying to catch my breath. For a small person like him, he sure could walk fast.

"I hate her, I hate her so fucking much!" He screamed, once we were near an open field, den the street from his house.

"I know, baby, I know, but you have to calm down. When you get stressed, the babies get stressed too." I told him. "So you have to calm down, we don't want anything to happen to these babies." I said calmly.

He sniffled a few times and just wrapped himself around me. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his head as he cried.

"It's okay, Luke, it's okay." I kept saying, hoping that he believed me, because everything was gonna be okay.

"I don't understand why she's such a bîtch all the time. All she does is yell, complain, insult everyone, and just act so bitchy." He said, just rambling. I just let him say what he wanted, I wasn't going to stop him, he needed to let it all out.

"I wish I could just stay with you." He said.

"I know, I wish you could stay with me too."

He sniffled, then pulled away. "I don't wanna go back there, not yet."

"But it's your party, babe, don't you want to show everyone what you're having?" I asked. "Don't you want to show me what you're having?" I added.

Luke pulled out something from his pocket, then gave it to me.

"What's this?" I asked him.

"Open it." He simply said.

I shrugged and opened it, scanning it over. When I realized what it was, my jaw dropped.

"We're having a boy...and a girl?" I asked him.

He nodded and started to tear up. "Yeah, I was surprised too." He said, wiping his tears away.

"So I'm gonna have a son and a daughter?" I asked, smiled.

"Yep."

I smiled and hugged him. "Come on, let's go back and reveal the genders to everyone else." I said. "And don't worry, just ignore your mother, she wants you to get all worked up and upset." I said.

~~~~

We walked back to the house, seeing that most of the cars were gone, except for Jack's car.

"What the hell?" I heard Luke say, before he walked in the house. I followed behind and saw that everyone except Jack, his wife, their children, and his parents were still there. I stood in the kitchen, while Luke went out to the backyard. When he came back inside, he looked furious.

"Why did you do that, mom?" He said, staying a few feet away from her.

"I wanted everyone out of my house, so I did the reveal and sent everyone home."

"More like you stomped outside, ripped the boxes apart, and told everyone to get the fuck off your property." Jack butted in, holding a small toddler in his arms.

I couldn't believe it, but sure enough, I walked outside and saw the balloons poking out of the destroyed boxes.