Nightmares

* author notes *English exam tomorrow guys 😭 then I have to study for the rest of this week but I'll try update when I can !  Also next chapter will be smut/lemon so if your not into that just skip it .

Word count :633

"Are you sure you're alright ?" He looks down at you as you groan a little holding your head. " I must of hit the ground harder than I thought, but I'll be fine," you reply waving it off. He gives you an unsure look before pressing as you both enters his house," I'll take a quick look if you don't mind then I'll start on dinner?" He looks at you like a hawk stalking its prey awaiting an answer but you're half paying attention. Instead taking a proper look around his house this time. " Huh ? Sure," you say absentmindedly. He smiles warmly at you, admiring your stares as you daydream and look overwhelmed. "Good," he finally says while striding into the kitchen and breaking your train of thought.

*time skip*

"Turn to the left for me, now the right.." Mycroft's stern face to close to yours for comfort . Then after silently nodding he walks behind you and you flinch as you feel him run his fingers over a sore spot on your head before he sighs and walks off. He comes back moments later with a first aid kit. " You must have hit the path quite hard, it's only bleeding a little now, should be alright but I'll give you an ice pack to relive some pain."

* time skip * [Mycrofts p.o.v ]

There was a silent knock on my study door, before I heard her soft whisper," Mycroft ?" I walk up to the door before I open it up to see (y/n) in tears. It breaks my heart to see her like this, I compose myself before speaking calmly." What's troubling you ?" She looks down almost ashamed." I-I-I ... Never mind ," she goes to leave  I grab her wrist," stay, it's okay (y/n) just tell me what's wrong so I can help." She looks up at me before blurting out," I had a nightmare." I look down seriously but it took a lot of effort not to laugh at how ironic it was. She is such a strong and powerful individual, yet she's crying over something we both know isn't real or 'maybe it could have been a flashback ?' " Do you want to talk about it ?" I asked but she shook her head,l
" I just needed to know I was safe and it wasn't real," she looks at the floor again," but I'd be a distraction if I stayed because I can see that you're busy. I could help you with your paperwork if you want ?"
" Its 3 in the morning dear, you should go back to sleep. If you want I could stay with you ?" Even in my offices bad lighting I can see her blushing ' you're so adorable !'
" If  you are sure it's okay?" Then giving a brisk nod I turn to clean up before heading off. " Won't be a moment,  go get comfortable."

Whole cleaning I couldn't help but to stop and admire the picture in my head of her red flushed face hidden by her (y/h/c) coloured hair. ' Those lips I'd love to just capture with my own. Snap out of this Mycroft. Feeling are a weakness for goldfish.' I think to myself as I walk out.

Walking into her room to see her already half asleep. I lay behind her and pull her closer into my chest. She seems to stiffen at first then she turns to face me and snuggles into the crook of my neck, resting her head there. I sigh in contentment then head off into a peaceful slumber.