The finish line ?

* final chapter guys cuz I didn't want this to go on forever 😂  I really hope you guys enjoyed it and the ending does it some justice because I know both how hard they are to write and how annoying it can be if it ends badly.*

*Also if anyone wants to make any requests feel free to leave a comment or message me ☺️*

Word count :998

Your sat in the cab next to Sherlock as you head to a crime scene. It's probably your only chance to do this because normally you'd be stuck baby sitting but luckily you'd managed to convince your brother to baby sit them. Them being your adorable twins who were also a LOT of trouble.

"Easy. (Y/n) give me your answer so we can move on to the next case ," Sherlock says as he stands up and moves to watch you examine the body." Died of asphyxiation. The wounds on his body were made after his death," you state proudly as you wait to see him boast about what you've missed but he just nods and goes to look at the other case.

*time skip*

This one was harder, Sherlock and you couldn't find a pattern to this murder and it was starting to make Sherlock on edge. So you two went to go and investigate it first hand. The trip there was long and the cab kept playing the same add despite Sherlocks protests. ' He's driving us the wrong way'.

Eventually we get to the murders supposed where-abouts . We lock pick the side door and this man comes at us with a shot gun and I quickly shoot his arm to disable him. Then this man comes from behind and knocks Sherlock out behind me and in a quick act of defence I shot him right in the head and blood squirted all over me. I didn't wait for his body to drop to the ground before swinging around and knocking out the seconds guy. I do a quick sweep of the area before tying up the unconscious man and helping Sherlock to a more comfortable position.

After much interigation , we found out the men had worked with a third man and where to find him and luckily you managed to avoid charges after murdering the man. Yet it seems to horrible to you now to murder someone so cold heartedly and you'd shortly aster had nightmares again.

*time skip*

You sit up in bed with tears streaming down your face after another horrific dream, silently sobbing. " Love ? You know it's not healthy right ? You need to get help, in fact I'll look into it tommorrow for you okay ?" Mycroft says as he holds you closer and strokes your hair. " Okay, thank you My," you say shakily before laying back down with him and heading back to sleep once more.

* time skip*

You giggle at the irony that you'd recently stopped having nightmares your 2 girls has started having nightmares and would come running to you with tear stained faces in the middle of the night and you would comfort them like Mycroft did for you. You felt relief wash over you every single time they would say ," thanks mum" or " love you mum". It all seemed so surreal yet you loved your new life and it brought you the stolen happiness you never knew you'd get back. This life meant the world to you.

*time skip  to your 5 year anniversary *

It's been almost 5 years since you met him and you've had  another child, this time a boy. Mycroft has also taken the liberty of organising a special dinner for you all to celebrate your anniversary. He also booked the out the place you 2 had first met.

When he took you there he kept telling you all these wonderful things and habits of yours and how he's so lucky to have you. Then you feel him turn you around with one hand and kneel on the floor. " (y/n). We've been together for 5 years and have has so many fond memories together. I've been lucky enough to have had been able to have 3 beautiful and healthy children and there is no one I'd rather be with tonight. Because it's our 5th anniversary I thought I'd ask you to be mine forever, so (y/n), will you marry me ?" He asks while looking you in the eyes. You start crying as nod yes then start saying it out loud with so much excitements she places the ring. As he goes to stand up you wrap your arms around his neck and fling yourself at him in excitement and he laughs as he holds you tight.

* 2 months after*

You're standing in front of the mirror and if it weren't for the makeup you'd be crying with joy right now . You smile at the fond memories of the proposal only 2 months back. You wished you could see Mycroft right now, but tradition is tradition.

You hold onto Mummy's arm and walk down the isle. In the seated crowd you see Mrs Hudson and many others tearing up. The main focus of your attention however was on your soon to be husband in front of you. His smile was huge , as he took in your appearance. You try to hold back the waterfall as you get to him. You pull one hand away to cover you mouth ,' don't cry'.

You say your vowels (which were short thanks to Mycroft seeing them as a waste of time despite his being significantly longer) and I do's... " You may now kiss the bride," the priest says. As Mycroft goes to dip you down you pull him in by his collar for a more passionate kiss, both smiling at this as everyone else cheered and your 3 children threw rose petals over your heads. He then slowly pulls back just enough to whisper," I love you," then claimed your lips once more.