Chapter 10

*Unedited

~~

Hey~ My computer's fixed....for a while already. >.< But I had these big exams and projects to do, so I'm sorry for not uploading. Well...here it is!!

Blaze nodded thoughtfully. "Interesting...." was his only murmured response. Birdpaw crouched beside him, anxious to hear his insight.

He blinked, then meowed, "I think you should start paying attention to your dreams."

Birdpaw was confused. "What? Dreams?" she echoed, puzzled.

"Yes, dreams. As far as I know of this Starclan, they send dreams to important cats." Blaze nodded, and continued, "And if you're really involved with this so-called prophecy, then they should be sending dreams and signs to you, and guide you along."

She blinked in response, and nodded.

"Anything else that's news?" he inquired.

In a fraction of a heartbeat, Birdpaw thought she saw an odd glint in his eye, something in his green gaze that almost made her flinch. But she blinked again, and that look was gone, replaced only by mere curiosity.

"Well....there's not much besides that..." she mewed, a bit anxious. His sudden interest in all this surprised her, and she was impatient to start doing some other fun things.

He nodded curtly, and fell silent.

"Erm...do you want to race me?" Birdpaw ventured in a small voice, wishing to  break the stony moment between them.

He stood up, shaking his pelt, still silent. Birdpaw was confused, but that soon disappeared as he suddenly took off into the forest, throwing back a "I'm going to win!" as he flashed past.

"Hey! No fair!" was her complaint as she sprinted after him.

                                                                                 ~*~

"Hey Birdpaw! Are you coming to the Gathering tonight?" Falconwing's warm greeting jolted Birdpaw from her uneasy thoughts. Her friend fell into step by her side as the padded across camp to fetch something to eat. Today had been a relatively easy day, as Blacktail was in the leader's den, conversing with Silverclaw, Hailstar, and Violetfoot. When he was occupied, she hunted, and took a long, leisure walk along the borders, enjoying the quiet sounds of the forest. She was busy thinking about the prophecy, and all the ominous meanings possible.

"Oh. Umm...I don't know..." Birdpaw confessed. "But I want to!"

He purred, and replied, "Every cat loves the Gatherings. Hailstar would only leave you behind if you've done something bad. ...have you?"

Birdpaw's eyes widened. Did she do something bad? Was Blacktail in his den because he was telling Hailstar on something she did wrong? Maybe it was the battle move...she just couldn't aim the paw right. "Oh! Uhh...I'm not sure. But...do you know what Hailstar, Silverclaw, Violetfoot, and Blacktail are talking about in his den?" she asked.

"No...why?" he blinked at her, amber eyes searching.

"Nothing," she muttered. "It's nothing." Then, she hurried off, pelt bristling, leaving him staring after her, amber gaze scorching in her back in confusion and puzzlement.

Featherpelt came up to her and nodded a warm hello. She nodded back, and her silver-pelted friend asked, "What's the matter?"

"Oh....well...." Birdpaw stuttered. She didn't know whether to confide in her or not.