Chapter 15

Hey there :/ Sorry for running away for such a long time...I said I'd write, but I ended up not, right? -.-" Yeah, sorry about that. Marching band is about to start...so I'll be away from the computer a lot and updates will be EVEN SLOWER. (is that even possible..) Really sorry~ But as I said before, this story is living on~<3 Birdpaw will live on!

Birdpaw yawned as a paw prodded her. "Get up!" a meow hissed in her ear.

She blinked open her sleepy eyes. "What is it, Falconclaw?" she asked, not thinking clearly because it was barely dawn.

Falconclaw's amber eyes shone with worry. "Just get up. Everyone's awake already, and we're talking about something important." he prodded her again, and Birdpaw hissed in annoyance.

"Okay okay, I'm awake!" she grumbled, sitting upright and giving herself a quick grooming. Although she wanted to sleep more, Birdpaw knew that something must be up, because everyone looked oddly worried. Nightpelt's tail twitched irritably, and Hazelpaw looked a bit worried.

"Is he back yet?" Nightpelt asked in a impatient tone. He was pacing back and forth now, black fur standing on end.

Birdpaw stared at him in confusion. "Is who back yet?"

"You haven't heard?" Falconwing asked her, before realizing. "Oh, right. You were asleep."

Birdpaw nodded slowly.

"Well, Eagleflight said he'd go hunting for us in the morning, and he's been gone for quite a while. He's still not back yet." the dark tabby explained hurriedly. "We were thinking about if we should go and look for him." his eyes darkened as he added, "After all, we are getting close to rogue territory. It may be unsafe to go...alone."

Hazelpaw frowned. "I, er, we have to find him!" her green eyes were wide with anxiety.

Birdpaw gave her a strange look. "Why are you so concerned?"

"He's part of our group! Aren't you concerned?" Hazelpaw retorted, although Birdpaw could see that the brown she-cat was a bit flustered. "I mean...he is very nice and all..."

Birdpaw rolled her eyes. She would interrogate Hazelpaw later. What's important is they have to find Eagleflight.

"Should we try and go find him now?" Hazelpaw asked. "Or should we stay?"

Nightpelt was thoughtful. "That's a tough question. If all of us leave the camp, then if Eagleflight comes back he won't be able to find us. Although...if he doesn't come back and we just sit around like this it's not a very good idea either."

Falconclaw flicked his tail. "He can always follow our scent trail," he reasoned. "I say we should leave and search for him."

Hazelpaw nodded in agreement. "The scent of three cats should be stronger than one, so he'd probably be able to find us sooner or later."

Birdpaw nodded. "Sounds like a good idea to me!" she stood quickly, shaking out her pelt. "So what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Just then, a new voice entered their hearing ranges. "Go where? Without me?"

All four cats stiffened, and they turned as one, gazing at the cat that just came into view. Birdpaw breathed a sigh of relief, seeing that it was Eagleflight. "Hey there, Eagleflight. We were just about to go off and find you!"

The black and white tom looked surprised for a second. "I was just...exploring the area. Although, I did find out some interesting things." his green eyes darkened with worry.

Hazelpaw cocked her head, and flicked her tail for him to continue. "What did you find?"

"Well, the thing is, I smelled cats. Other cats, as in not any clan scents. There were many, so I doubt they're loners." Eagleflight explained, voice lowered a notch. His tail flicked back and forth in anxiety as he added, "They were pretty fresh too, so I decided to head back before we made an encounter or something."