Chapter 14

*Unedited

~~

Hi >.< It seems that I've...forgot about updating for a while LOL Well, here I am, writing to you all xDDDD haha. Hopefully I'll be updating more often.

Birdpaw and Falconclaw found the others located in the midst of a ring of gorse bushes. Hazelpaw and Eagleflight had even managed to find some moss, and were lining them thinly along the ground, so that sleeping would be slightly more comfortable for them all.

"We're back!" Falconclaw announced brightly, setting down the prey the two of them had caught. The others bounded over eagerly to eat and rest. After a long day of traveling on an empty stomach, everyone was tired and hungry.

"Hey, Hazelpaw! Do you want to share something together?" Birdpaw offered.

The brown she-cat looked torn for a second. "Um...but I'm already sharing with Eagleflight..." she mewed guiltily, looking down at her paws. "Sorry, Birdpaw!"

"Um...that's all right," Birdpaw was slightly surprised. Since when had Hazelpaw gotten to be friends with the Fireclan tom? "I guess I'll just share with Falconclaw then."

She invited the dark brown tabby to share with her, and he agreed eagerly. "Sure!" had been his response.

For a moment, they ate in silence. However, soon, their bellies were pleasantly full, and small chatter began to spread among the cats. Hazelpaw and Eagleflight had come over to join Birdpaw and Falconclaw in their conversation, and the four were now huddled in a small group, exchanging jokes and gossip. Nightpelt, who seemed uninterested in these matters, simply stood alone on a rock, keeping watch.

"You know, Goldpaw, my sister, has a crush on her mentor, Brackentail~!" Hazelpaw exclaimed, amusement in her eyes. "It's hilarious to see her doting on him everywhere!"

Birdpaw blinked. "She's still not over him?!"

"Nope!" was Hazelpaw's reply.

Falconclaw blinked. "What's a crush?" he asked.

"You don't know?!" Birdpaw stared at him incredulously.

He shook his head.

Eagleflight touched Falconclaw's shoulder with his tail-tip. "Well, it's basically when a cat really likes another cat, and they want to be mates."

Realization flooded over the tabby. "Oh! Sorry. I blanked out for a moment there. I get what it is now." Falconclaw muttered sheepishly.

The rest of the conversation was just easygoing chatter, and every cat was relaxed, fully accepting one another as friends. However, Birdpaw did notice that Hazelpaw seemed very close to Eagleflight. Almost...too close. She wasn't sure, but if there was something going on, Hazelpaw was a medicine cat apprentice. She wasn't allowed a mate, and definitely not a tom from another clan.

When they went to sleep that night, Birdpaw confided her fears to Falconclaw. "Do you think something might be going on between them?" she asked, concerned for her friend. She also noticed that the two were sleeping next to each other, closer than usual.

"I think you're worrying too much. Just watch them for a few days, and don't jump to conclusions too early. So far I think they're fine." was his answer with a big yawn.

Birdpaw nodded, and curled up next to him, also sleepy. "Well, good night. We need to sleep so we can travel tomorrow."

His only answer was a soft snore.

Nightpelt, who had the first watch for that night, was but a silhouette in the soft moonlight that washed upon them all.  Birdpaw yawned, wondering if he was sleepy too. She stared at the moon for a while, admiring its beauty with a small sigh. However, with the soft breeze blowing through the vegetation, and the warm scents of her traveling companions wreathing around her, Birdpaw was soon fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hopefully this chapter would be finished soon. >.< oh my gosh I have a HUGE writer's block. :/ gahhhhh. until I figure out what I'm gonna write, updates may still be really slow. Sorry~

but I'm trying, and I appreciate everyone who's stuck with me so far already :) Thank you all! ~cinna

 ~~~~~~~~~EDIT: Okay, never mind. From now on, I'll just be like the other writers and post a complete chapter at a time. XD Sorry for this tiny tiny chapter. I'm trying to write right now...agh. ~cinna