4) G r e y

I will find a way to you, if it kills me, if it kills me

if it kills me, if it kills me

-IF IT KILLS ME

******************************

Let's not say a word, you and I,
let's sit and watch the sky.
____________________________

My date with Jake was a night that I will cherish forever, even if we don't end up together. It was nights like these that gave me strength and enlivened my being. I know he isn't the most romantic boy out there, but Jake made the night special by just being himself; not an ounce of pretense and not a moment of dubiousness. That's all I asked of him, and he gave me everything that I could dream of in that one special night. We ate underneath the dark sky, with the moon and the air witnessing our leisure. The sight was enthralling.

We talked, we ate and we danced under the dim city lights and the stars that faded above us, it wasn't something extraordinary, but I couldn't remember being this ecstatic. Jake made me feel comfortable, he made me feel wanted and most importantly, he made me feel beautiful; an assurance that I don't need but was more than happy to get.

He pecked me on the lips, something that startled me at first, but made me laugh later, after seeing his flustered self so I proceeded to kiss him lightly on the lips. He respected my personal space and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

Apart from this, my weekend was pretty uneventful, only a handful of chores and homework kept me occupied. I met my group of friends during my free time and we decided to go to the mall because apparently we hadn't "bonded in like ages". It was just their way to get details about my date, old school I know.

So apart from gossiping sessions, homework and watching reruns of Game of Thrones, nothing very exciting took place during the weekend.

Monday was by far the most, monotonous and spiritless day of the week. I don't particularly detest it, but it's just tedious, with all the homework that is slapped on us and the new projects we get, the day does become somewhat pestering.

I, for one, was excited today simply because of the Fleur Cup announcement that was due, August had just begun and the competition started somewhat during mid August and lasted till mid September. As soon as I entered my homeroom, we were summoned to the school auditorium by principal Garner. I couldn't contain my excitement and Sarah had to literally hold my arm to keep me in check.

"Stop moving so much. It's suspicious," she exclaimed as we walked towards the hall.

"I can't help it okay? I've been waiting for this since school started, you know how desperately I want this."