1 7) G o l d

Keep your friends close,But your enemies closer

But your enemies closer.

-The Godfather-II

____________________________________

Revenge is like dark chocolate;
bitter yet sweet

____________________________________

THE NEXT TEN minutes after the alarming announcement were spent in absolute bewilderment. There were hushed whispers doing the rounds and our teacher was too stunned to silence the kids. I couldn't help but wonder what the announcement was all about, it was unlike anyone in our school to commit such a crime in broad daylight.

"What do you think this is all about?"

I looked towards my left to see Arthur's curious eyes looking at me intently. I just shrugged. "If I knew I'd tell you. I'm lost here."

"Whatever it is, atleast it brings excitement to this boring class." Arthur said while rolling his eyes, causing me to giggle. I was going to say something witty but was cut short by yet another announcement.

"Ms.Leah Merchant, Mr. Gregory Novak and Ms. Arabella Colours are requested to report to the principal's office. I repeat..."

I stilled in my seat, processing what the whole thing was all about. Arthur looked at me with wide eyes but all I could do was zone out. I've never been to the principal's office, I was an average student who lead an average school life and who was pretty much invisible to the teachers except Jenson.

"Ms.Colors?"

I was torn out of my thoughts by my Ms.Reeds calm voice. I glanced up towards her and blinked.

"I'm sorry, yes Ms.Reeds?"

"You need to go. Gregory left 5 minutes back already." She stated sympathetically, I on the other hand was absolutely freaking out.

I felt Arthur nudge me from my side, and that prompted me to sprint into action. I quickly gathered my things and my bag and left before any more drama ensued. I could feel the eyes burning holes behind my back as I moved out of the class, I've never experienced anything like this. Lately I've been the subject of attention for anyone and I've got to say it certainly isn't my cup of tea.

As I neared the principal's office, I could hear voices and it kind of scared me. I looked at the receptionist outside his office and she motioned for me to go inside. Not wanting to waste any more time and get this over with, I dashed inside without even knocking.