12 ) B l o n d

UNEDITED

UNEDITED

I will miss you when you go much more than you'll ever know
But I'll have a memory to keep you near
In my heart you will remain, but it just won't be the same

-"I Will Miss You"
_________________________

"It hurts baby, it hurts so bad
But what's the point in keeping the pain of something that you had?"

_________________________

I WAS AFRAID to face the entire school. The thing is, I absolutely hate pity hugs and pity smiles and the kind of sympathy you get when something goes wrong in your so-called perfect life. I have always been a private person, not wanting to parade my life in front of the entire school population. But, this was different.

Jake was leaving and I hadn't spoken to him since we got back. It was stupid, I know. I had successfully avoided him for the rest of my stay at the trip, and didn't bother to answer his numerous calls or reply to his texts. I just didn't want to talk to him, because I didn't want to say anything that I would regret later.

I needed time to cool off.

We returned on Monday afternoon and as soon as we arrived, I hitched a ride with Arthur. He wanted to leave soon and I was more than happy to comply, not bothering to even say 'goodbye' to anyone. Arthur didn't question me at all throughout our ride, he just kept silent and I was glad that he respected my privacy. After I got home, I was completely unproductive for the rest of the day. It was only later at night that I got out of my bed for food, not bothering to even shower the entire day.

My mum was suspicious, but she shrugged it off as fatigue from the trip. Little did she know about the whirlwind of thoughts that kept me occupied. I wasn't one to cry that easily, I had done enough of that when I was young. But, Jake leaving and not telling stung. And it hurt.

It hurts really bad.

I know I can't be mad at him forever, because I might not even see him after this. The fact that he knew and yet, he kept pursuing me is what pissed me off, I had started developing feelings. Actual feelings. It just pains me to know that after all the years that I tried to open up, it's come to this.

But you never actually loved him, he was just a safe bet.

Shut up!

I may not have loved him, but I surely fell for his charms. Partly. Jake was more like the support I never had, it felt nice to have him, spend time with him. Well, at least till it lasted. I glanced towards my clock, it was 7:10 a.m. I sighed and got out of my bed, breaking the stream of my thoughts and forcing myself to finally face the world.