22.5) P u r p l e

"But something happened for the very first time with you,My heart melted to the ground, found something true

My heart melted to the ground, found something true."

-Bleeding Love

"Here's the deal baby,
You've never heard and I've never said it,
You're truly the one I feel safest with.
And I know I'm the one you feel real with."

____________________________

AS A KID I always dreamt of having a wedding like the ones they show on Disney, where the princess walks down the stairs and the prince waits for her and then they live happily ever after. In fact, I was so obsessed with weddings that when I was the flower girl during one of our family weddings, I made it a personal mission that I perform that very task perfecting. My parents were amused at my 4-year-old self, and my dad often teased me by saying that, he wouldn't let any boy steal me away from him.

All that changed when he left, of course.

After my parents separated, I was so against the idea of marriage that I'd made my mind up to never marry anyone. Kids? Maybe. Marriage? God, no.

My dad and I were pretty close when I was young, doing all things together like gardening and rock climbing. I was so angry at my dad for leaving, that I never really got back to doing those things again. That was 10 years old me rebelling against the world, a sad kid whose parents separated for God knows why.

Coming back to weddings, I've haven't really attended one since years. Mainly because most of my cousins are hardly of age and partly because, most of mum's relatives stay far off for us to attend their functions. So when Braydon asked me to be his date for his cousin's wedding, I shamelessly said yes. Simply because, I wanted to experience a wedding ceremony again, and the added bonus of free food.

Because who doesn't love free food?

"So this thing is tomorrow and you're going dress shopping today?!"

I looked at Jasmine, who had her eyebrows raised at me as if to say that I was the weirdest sister on this planet. I just shrugged in response, not wanting to debate on who is the number one.

"Look I asked you to help me out, not berate me," I say, while munching on the packet of Doritos I bought from our local store.

Jasmine rolled her eyes and stood up. "Ugh, it would be better if you moved your ass then, idiot. We hardly have time!"

I got up from my seat and proceeded to wear my shoes, following her to go for a lifetime adventure of shopping.