5) B l u e

You look so beautiful in this lightYour silhouette over me,The way it brings out the blue in your eyesIs the Tenerife Sea

Your silhouette over me,
The way it brings out the blue in your eyes
Is the Tenerife Sea

- TENERIFE SEA

*******************************

I could click your picture everyday,
But it won't do you any justice baby.

___________________________

BRAYDON'S P.O.V.

I fucking hate Tuesdays.

It reminded me of how far the weekend is, and how I need to tolerate my high school for another couple of days. I woke up with a sour mood today, not that I wake up feeling peachy everyday, no. On normal days, I'm just neutral. It was just the way I was- Liana keeps telling me to cheer up, to look at things from a different light, a new perspective.

The thing is, that is her perspective.

I'd rather stay behind the lens, and look at things from my light. The way I see it, they look far more appealing. The real is ugly, but when you capture it, it may look beautiful- even with its flaws. I'm not a pessimist, far from it. I just look at things from a realist's point of view. Photography is what keeps me driven, it's a part of me that I cherish the most. A part that only my close ones know of.

When I heard about the Fleur Cup, I thought nothing of it. No excitement bubbled inside of me, not a hint of inquisitiveness bothered me, not even a slight interest was shown by me.

Until I heard about the prize.

The fact that there are chances of the best pictures being published in 'Readers Digest' is what caught my attention. The platform is amazing for me to showcase my talent, and it's also great for my portfolio. There's no doubt that I will do my undergrad in photography, I also happen to know that I can't get the exposure I need if I stay here, so I'm going to apply to Yale amongst others.

"You know you've been zoning out a lot, lately."

I looked at Liana, who seemed to have a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes at her, of course her mind will swivel around all the wrong things.

"I don't daydream, Liana. You do it enough for the two of us."

Hands resting on her waist, Liana narrowed her eyes into slits, shooting daggers at me. She never really liked my bluntness, it was a trait of hers that amused me.