Empowering Me

ME: Hey all my little Strawhats!! Guess what!? Do you all want more strawhat mermaid chappies!?

YOU GUYZ: NOOOOOO!!!! MOAR LAWLU!!!!

ME: WELL 2 BAD COZ DA NEXT FEW CHAPPIES R ABOUT THEM!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanji's POV

We were...an utter mess, nobody spoke anything, the atmosphere was just too damn suffocating!

It was just too unbearable, we promised with our lives to take back our frie- no, our EVERYTHING and we failed.

That shitty stinking human already put him under some dark spell, he bewitched him, he stole him from us, taking him all for himself.

I wanted to tear him limb from limb, making him ever regret whisking our prince away.

Luffy was our everything, he was what brought us together in the first place, he is what encouraged me to....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback~

"Hey my name's Luffy! What's your name?"

I looked up from my work and sighed, another male nobody, the only people who mattered to me were women.

Although I had to admit he was kinda cute for a guy, but a boy was a boy and he was annoying to boot, "Fuck off" I growled in my most threatening tone but he seemed to have been unaffected.

"Awww, that's mean!"

I scoffed at his childish behavior and continued to wash the dishes, "anyway, I'd like to order a carnivore special please!"

With a frown, I sighed and turned to face the smaller man, "I'm sorry sir, but our chef just swam off for the night" he looked at me confused, "but you're here"

I stiffened in suprise, "I-I what?" What did he just say?

"Well you're still here so why can't you cook it?" It was true I knew how to cook, pretty well actually...but.

"I can't" he frowned at me, "why not?" I glanced away for a second before I responded, "I'm just the waiter" now he stared looking at me like I was stupid, "so?"

Okay, I was really starting to get miffed with all these questions, but I answered them nonetheless, "so I'm not allowed to cook"

To my suprise he slammed down his fist in rage, "WHAT THE HELL!? I BET YOU COULD COOK EVEN BETER THAN HIM, SO WHY DO THAT!?"

I blinked at the strange mermaid infront of me and almost felt...empowered, his words felt like they were encouraging me to go down the right path, what's wrong with me?

"Well, what do you think I should do about it?" He looked like he was thinking for a moment before he lit up like a christmas tree, "challenge him to a cook off! Whoever wins is the chef! And the loser leaves"

As crazy as that sounded, I actually kinda also sounded logical and...there was just this feeling telling me to do so, "...okay"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lost, one of the three judges that we elected thought that my seafood gumbo was a tad too spicy.

It was obvious though that he was bribed by my so called boss, but I wasn't mad, in fact I was happy to leave that hellhole, the old geezer may have saved me once before but over the years, all respect I had for him faded away as he did one crooked thing after another.

As I was swimming down the seashell path I noticed a familiar red tail, "HEY LUFFY!"

I felt happiness swell through me, I just had to thank the person that finally gave me empowerment, the younger mermaid vigorously swished around and smiled at me, "HEY! SHISHISHI"

Finally right in front of him I smiled, "I lost" again once to my suprise, instead of getting mad he smiled a bit brighter, "shishishi, I thought so"

I blinked and shook it off, no point in understanding this one, "well I'm gonna go and try and find myself a job...got any suggestions?"

His smile broke into an ever bigger one and he almost looked like the pure imitation of happiness.

"Actually my personal entourage has been lacking a cook, could you take the job?"

Okay, now that had me curious, usually down here the only people who had entourages were thugs or high class sea dwellers, without wanting to push though I found myself already joining, "I'd love to Luffy"

"Hey Luffy!" I tilted my upper body and saw what seemed like an overgrown marimo swimming down the path, "oh, hey Zoro!"

The swordfish merman finally stopped in front of us, "Hey Luffy who is this?" Luffy smiled widely at the moss-head and wrapped his arm around my neck pulling me to his side, "Zoro I finally found a chef for our entourage!"

Ah, so this guy was part of the group?

I lightly smiled at the fellow fishman.

"Sanji" I stated my name as I held out my hand, "Roronoa Zoro" but as we shook hands completely out of Luffy's sight he squeezed a death grip on my appendage and pulled me into a 'friendly' hug.

"Get too close to him and you're dead" I unoticeably scowled, this was probably the start of a VERY bitter rivalry.

"By the way Luffy, who are you exactly?" I asked on our way to the raven's 'base' as he liked to call it, he giggled as we finally reached the top of a hill, with the sun suddenly coming into my vision I was temporarily blinded until I adjusted, and standing right in front of us was the royal castle!

"I'm prince Luffy! The ocean's reincarnation!"

Flashback over~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dammit it was all our fault, if we just didn't take our eyes off him, he'd be still with us.

He 'wants' to be with that human, but that doesn't mean that we'll give up.