Starlet

It started with a chance meeting on a film-set. It seemed like when his eyes met hers, their world caught on fire.

She was just breaking into the industry. A cheap and cheesy B-movie. Something horror. She, when they stumbled into one another, was covered head to toe in red colored corn syrup, her too tight top leaving hardly anything to the imagination.

She was cute as a button, however, and Howard was lost. Evie left him breathless.

He immediately started hanging around the set more often. It was his old run down property they were filming on, after all. He was welcomed to watch it all.

Soon, they were having lunch together, coffee, then drinks and dinner.

Then she invited him to her hotel room.

That was the undoing of everything. From that night, he fell into a downward spiral of her creation. Drugs and sex. When she ran out of money, she moved in with him.

When he ran out of money, they moved into the dilapidated home the movie was being filmed in. They both saw the condescending eyes of everyone there.

But that didn't stop them. He sold his things. She wanted more drugs. She was losing weight, losing that spark of 'the girl next door'.

She was fired from the film. The film crew left the premises.

He found her, after a day of job searching, and searching for drugs, in the bed. It was just a mattress on the floor.

She was cold and dead. He had no idea when she died. She had felt warm when he left her that morning.

Now what was he to do? He'd lost everything and everyone.