Catty

She didn't know why she waited until the last minute to pack. Maybe to look less guilty? She didn't know, all she did know was that she felt rushed. Her adrenaline was peaked at an all-time high right now.

She hadn't expected the poison to make such a mess. He threw up. He pissed himself. He shit himself. He was in so much distress. It had started with a simple stomach ache, a little fever, some time in the bathroom. But then it escalated quickly, and before she knew it, he was lying next to the toilet, dead. The white sclera of his eyes now red with the force of the heaving.

She finished packing. Thankfully, she didn't have hardly anything here. She was only in it for the cash and jewels he kept here in his home. He was a 'grieving widower' who had gotten smitten with her. She had always been a petty thief, but this was stepping up her game.

And she liked it.

She took her small bag and her hefty case of cash and jewelry to her car, tossing the items into the trunks 'hidden' trunk.
She slid into the driver's seat and started the engine, giving a small smile. It was time to hit the road, get herself to the closest airport and get out of the country for a while.

She rolled over everything in her mind. She could certainly make a career out of this.