Humble

He learned long ago he was not meant for great things. However, he also learned that great things did not make for a great man.

He lived a humble life. He had a lovely insect collection. It was a soothing and peaceful hobby. He had a decent job, one that allowed him to work from the privacy of his own home.

Every night, he checked his accounts, giving a smile before heading to bed.

Soon.

He had been preparing for so long.

He loved his life of solitude, and soon he would have his dream come true.

The man had taken to camping, and trekking through the wilderness. It was something his family had done in his youth, and he always loved it. With the money he made, he had the best of equipment.

On a trek not too long ago, he had found a large parcel of forest land for sale. Middle of nowhere was abundantly accurate. There was a stream, lovely wildlife, some danger, and spectacular views.

As he sat one night in that acreage beneath the tree canopies, he poked the sticks which were the kindling for his small campfire, watching their embers rise up. A beautiful star filled night sky could be seen poking through the canopy above.

Well, that sealed the deal.

He bought the forest average. He built a cabin. He managed to get a well dug for water, but the stream was close by also.

He had slowly been stocking the cabin with non-perishable food items. He had even built an extra little shed for things. He would live the remainder of his days without electricity. No TV, not that he had one now, and no computer. He wouldn't need one, for he wouldn't need his job much longer. The only modern convenience he had opted for was a satellite cell phone, and that was strictly for emergencies, such as him getting hurt. The local Wildlife and Forestry Service knew of him and his plans. He'd be checked on from time to time.

He didn't need society, and what they thought was greatness. He was going to take every last cent he had made and place it toward living out there, in this lonely, lovely forest. He didn't need anyone, and the land would sustain him.

In all this man's humbleness, his greatness was beyond near any others.