Chapter 23

Third Person POV
It was a cold, stormy day when they buried the body. The whole town showed up, even the Northwest's. Mabel was in tears, Dipper was silent. Soos and Wendy looked on, doing their best not to show emotion. Stan bit at his fist to keep from crying, Ford cursing to himself under his breath. The whole town stood around the grave to mourn, Bill shoveling the last mound of dirt into the pile. He patted it down, and Will planted flowers of all kind in the dirt quickly. Tears fell and fell, blending into the rain. Will kneeled, followed by Bill, then Dipper and Mabel, and within seconds, everyone was kneeling. A cracking noise was heard, and eyes flew to the grave, to see the stone substituting a headstone had split in half. Through the halves of rock, pink petals pushed through the ground. they flew into the air, swirling and twirling through air, dancing so delicately. They emitted a soft glow, illuminating the grey sky. They reflected in the puddles of water, like a mirror. A small sprout popped through the earth, and it flew into the air, growing and spreading in every direction. The petals circled it, carried by a non-existent wind, the petals causing even more to sprout from the tree, almost like magic. It grew and grew, still glowing, still dancing on wind. Minutes later, a massive pink weeping willow tree was swaying in the wind. The petals that were once dashing through the air settled on the ground, the glow fading. A tree had been born from a grave.

The rain stopped, the grey still hanging in the air though

The rain stopped, the grey still hanging in the air though. There was a piece of paper stuck in the tree. It read Goodbye Everyone. It's been fun. I guess... This is the end.