Viktor X reader (Military AU)

**Viktor is in the military and has been gone for 10 months**

Y/n's pov

I've been dating Viktor for the past 3 years and for about half those years he was off in the world fighting for our country. Viktor left about 10 months ago and it's been utter hell ever since. I was driving to work, which was a huge industry that invested in other brands and launches products and helps get small businesses up on their feet. My office was on the 69th floor and the elevator ride took forever, and it felt even longer cause Yuuri was blabbing on about how we got a deal we need to check out with some other company.

"Y/n! We need to go to the party or else we won't get this deal and we could bring in more money and we could get raises!" Yuuri screamed as she clutched to my arm.

"Well I do like money..." I said, putting in a bit of sarcasm in my voice.

"Exactly! So this will be good for you!"

"Okay...I'll go..."

"YAY!!"

-----time skip to after the party later that night-----

"Yuuri t-that was awful" I said as tears were spilling from my eyes.

"You never told me that it was for a brand of alcohol. It was full of drunk men who kept trying to touch me and use me." I started to stutter and choke on my words.

"It was actually just a normal party to try to cheer you up because you were so depressed since Viktor left and I thought this would help" Yuuri pulled up onto my driveway to drop me off. He stopped the car and I got out to walk to the front door. I opened the door while wiping a few tears off my face as Yuuri was following me.

"And you really thought that the party would cheer you up, I'm sorry Y/n." Yuuri tried cheering me up by rubbing my back as I sat on the couch.

"And you left me so I had no idea where you were and that was awful. I was left alone with a bunch of drunk people who kept putting there hands on me!" I had my head in my hands at this point.

"Yuuri, im very disappointed in you for taking my princess out to party and not letting me tag along." I recognized that voice anywhere. Viktor had come out the darkness in the hallway, in his uniform. I looked up and saw a bright smile on his face with tears starting to pour.

"Viktor.." I Said in a low whisper. I ran up to him and jumped in his arms. I was now crying tears of joy onto his shoulder.

"I missed you baby" he whispered in my ear with his voice cracking, knowing that he was trying not to cry from happiness but sorta failing. Yuuri was still on the couch, having a huge smile on his face from how amazing this moment is.

"I missed you too" I giggled and looked Viktor in the eyes. I couldn't help but to slam my lips onto his. I jumped down from him and looked at Yuuri, Viktor did the same. They gave each other a hug knowing that they were best friends and missed each other too. They had said their goodbyes to each other and that left Viktor and I alone. He got changed out of his (sexy ass) uniform and got changed into sweatpants and a shirt since I stole his hoodie and it on a pair of shorts. We ended up cuddling on the couch.

" I'm sorry I couldn't tell you I was coming, I just thought that it would be nice to surprise you." He kissed the bridge of my nose and sat up. I was a little confused when he got off the couch and stood a few feet away from it. He faced me and asked me to sit up so I did.

"I just thought that this wouldn't be a good enough surprise so I added a little something extra to it..." he got down on one knee. I put my hands over my mouth as my eyes started to fill with tears. (way to much crying for today, how have y'all not died of dehydration)

"Y/n you've been with me through it all, haven't left me or given up on me like all my exes and I adore, cherish, and love you for that and I don't want it to ever change and I want to start a family, I want the big fancy wedding, the honeymoon....everything, but I only want it if it's with you, so will you please marry me and be Mrs. Nikivorof?"

"Yes, Viktor, yes!" He put the ring on my finger and I leapt into his arms. This would be a surprise I would never forget.