Helpless {Marco}

Modern AU
Very loosely based off Helpless from Hamilton

You tapped your foot impatiently as you tugged on the uncomfortable {favorite color} dress Sasha had forced you to wear. She was supposed to be picking you up for some party you had no genuine interest in, however you made a promise.

"Y/n, Sasha's here!" Your mom called from downstairs. You sighed, and walked downstairs.

"Hey Y/n! Oh you look great!" Sasha exclaimed, smiling. She was one to talk. The beautiful lime green dress she chose that ended just above her knees looked amazing. Especially on her.

"You look even better," You said, hopping down the stairs to meet her.

"Hah, thanks," She laughed, brushing a stray hair from her face.

"Be safe, girls," Your mom said, holding the door open.

"We will, Mrs. L/n!" Sasha said excitedly, grabbing your arm and skipping out the door.

"Remind me where we're going again?" You asked.

"The Winter's Ball!"

"A ball?"

"Well, not an actual ball. There's that kid Jean who hosts it every single year at his mansion house. He likes to call it a ball to feel fancy or something when it's actually just another highschool party," She explained, hopping into her car with you in the passenger's seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stepped into the surprisingly huge mansion.

"Wow," you breathed, in complete awe of how big it was.

"I know," Sasha said giggling. You linked arms with her and walked into another large room. People were dancing together, couples were making out under mistletoe, and others were drunkenly hitting on some innocent victims.

"Wow," you muttered, suddenly turned off by the crowd.

"Should we find some people to go flirt with?" Sasha asked jokingly. Your eyes wandered around the room when they locked onto one boy. He looked just as uncomfortable as you, but he was still managing to hold a civil conversation with people.

"Yo, this one's mine," You said, elbowing her in the side gently. Her eyes followed your gaze over to the boy you had been staring at. An evil grin spread across her face as she skipped over to him. You stood back as she walked to him and smiled. You could tell they were engaged in some conversation. You got nervous, wondering what Sasha's gonna do. Then she grabbed the boy's arm.

I'm through, You thought. Surely she had said something to him. Sasha was so charming and outgoing, meanwhile you were the exact opposite. Everybody loved Sasha. All of a sudden, he looked back to you. Butterflies swirled around your stomache. His eyes. They were so soft, so beautiful. They started walking towards you.

"Where are you taking me?" He asked.

"I'm about to change your life," Sasha responded.

"Then by all means, lead the way," He said with a small smile. They arrived in front of you where you gave a nervous smile.

"Y/n L/n," You quietly introduced yourself.

"L/n?" The boy asked. You were new in town, and only really knew Sasha. It was clear that the boy didn't know who you were.

"My best friend," Sasha stated promptly, with a proud look on her face.

"Oh, I'm Marco Bott," He said, turning to you and holding out a hand. You shook it, still a bit shy.

"I'll leave you to it," Sasha winked, skipping away to go find her crush, Connie.

"Some party, eh?" You attempted to keep the conversation going with this incredibly attractive boy.

"Yeah," He replied, laughing a little. His light blue button up shirt complimented the freckles splashed across his face.

"This your first time coming?" Marco asked. A bit of hair fell in front of your face.

"Yeah, I'm new," you said. He nodded and awkwardly stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Alright alright that's what I'm TALKIN about," Some boy - Jean Kirstein - yelled, stumbling over to Marco. He was clearly drunk, and wore reindeer antlers atop his head. You snorted at his ugly Christmas sweater.

"Jean, you're drunk," Marco said, pushing Jean off of him.

"LET'S HAVE ANOTHER ROUND!" He screamed.

"I should probably get him some water. Hey Y/n, you got a number?" Marco asked, scratching the back of his neck. You smiled and nodded as he handed you his phone. You entered your name and number and handed it back.

"See you around," He said with a smile, hoisting Jean up to stand straight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been about two weeks since The Winter's Ball. It was holiday break, and you had done next to nothing except text Marco. He was one of the nicest people you had ever met, and he made you smile with every notification you got on your phone from him. One night when you were talking, he popped a certain question you had been meaning to ask him yourself.

Marco: Hey, do you wanna catch a movie tomorrow? I hear there's a pretty good one playing at noon.

You: Are you asking me out?

Marco: Maybe >.<

You: Ha-ha, yes I'd love to catch a movie with you tomorrow

Marco: :D Pick you up at 11?

You: Sure!!

Marco: See you tomorrow

You: See you tomorrow!

And roll credits for this one. Btw I take requests for oneshots just as much as I do preferences so ~hint hint~

~Ash