A Passion They Never Expected

Title: A Passion They Never Expected

Pairings: ShunUki

Words: 879

Warnings: Kissing! :3

Ukitake was pretty sure that if he blushed any more, he would pass out. Then again, passing out didn't sound all that bad, considering it might save him from the embarrassment he was sure to endure. Not only the humiliation, but perhaps ruin the only friendship that meant more to him than his own life.

"Come on, Uki," Yoruichi pressured with a purr, giving a light indication of how much Sake she had to drink.

And next to her, Kisuke wasn't much better. "A dare's a dare."

Honestly, how did it come to this? Why did he even agree to head out in the middle of the day, skipping classes at the academy (Sensei will slaughter them all when he found out) to share a few strong alcoholic drinks (which he couldn't stand) with two of the most mischievous academy students on campus and his exceedingly hot best friend who was quite literally slumped against his shoulder as he whispered gibberish in his ear?

Yeah, ok, Shunsui being head-turningly handsome and melt you where you stand charming had a lot to do with it. That man knew all the right buttons to push and he pushed (sometimes, literally) them each and every time. And he did it so effortlessly; it left Ukitake's head spinning.

Speaking of his best friend, Shunsui didn't seem nearly as freaked out as he was. Then again, very little within the Soul Society did anymore, so it was hard to tell what the other male was really feeling. Either that or he was so drunk that he didn't hear anything other than 'yes' and 'please'.

Probably the last one.

"Come on," Kisuke once again urged him with growing impatience. "You two gotta kiss!"

Ukitake felt his heart skip a beat from those words. Indeed, his two fellow academy students want him to engage in a rather intimate display of affection; right here and now. They actually wanted him to kiss his best friend; not a little peck on the cheek, not even a light pressing of the lips, but a full-on pash.

He just couldn't do it! Shunsui was his best friend. Sure, they've shared a lot of things together, including sharing a dorm room, homework and the same indomitable sensei, but best friends don't share those kind of things together. And they most certainly do not share any kind of way-beyond-friendly feelings for one another!

Alright, admittedly, Ukitake did have those kinds of feelings for Shunsui, but he was determined they stay hidden. Shunsui was a notorious flirt, someone who wasn't suitable for the happily-ever-after that Ukitake wanted.

Besides, Ukitake had never kissed anyone before, only affectionate little pecks on the cheeks or foreheads of his younger siblings or young children who were scared or lost. Never had he engaged in a passionate kiss. What if he messed it up somehow? Kisuke and Yoruichi would never let him forget it for as long as he lives.

And Shunsui...

"Embarrassed, are we?" Yoruichi asked as she leaned in uncomfortably close. "Never kissed anyone before, Uki?"

Now, how the hell did she guess that?

"Ah, Shunsui's too drunk at the moment, that's all!" Ukitake ended up shrilling. Yes, shrilling like some hyper, overly embarrassed fangirl; arm flailing and crimson blushes included.

Not suspicious at all...

"I'm not that drunk, Juu-chan," Shunsui immediately protested with an annoyed pout. He then wrapped an arm around his shoulders and gave a rather abrupt tug, sending him sprawling from his seat. "Come here."

"What are you doing?" Ukitake all but squeaked at him, his heart all but stopping when he realized that he was now sitting in Shunsui's lap, straddling him. His hands were on his shoulders, trying to keep himself upright and steady, but with your heart practically thundering in his chest, it was nigh impossible.

Let's not mention the fact that Shunsui had one hand on the small of his back, the other grasping the back of his neck so to keep their faces mere inches apart, Shunsui's eyes half-lidded and lazy as usual, yet holding a haze of...lust.

Oh god...

Time seemed to literally stand still when Shunsui finally pressed his lips against Ukitake's, simply touching at first, merely feeling the other. Then, as Ukitake's breath hitched in his throat, all hell seemed to break lose. The kiss quickly turned passionate and hungry; Shunsui slipping his tongue into his mouth in order to taste and feel every inch of the velvety interior, while Ukitake welcomed this with a mind void of any thought, tilting his head at the right angles in order to give Shunsui the leverage he so desperately wanted. Hands tugged at clothing, caressed flesh, grasped onto each other tightly. Noises; hums and groans from Shunsui, moans and mews from Ukitake were coming thick and fast.

It was like they were completely blown away by the passion in this kiss and soon utterly oblivious to everyone and everything around them. Not even a bucket of icy cold water could pull these two apart.

"Er, you two can stop now," Kisuke's deadpanned voice suggested dryly, but did very little to effect the passionate haze the two academy mates were in.

"Shut up!" Yoruichi immediately scowled at him before laughing a little too gleefully. "I'm enjoying this!"