Chapter 4

Sorry for taking so long guys. It's been pretty rough lately but here is a little something for you. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

(unedited)

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Chapter 4

I smiled as I felt the rumbling underneath me, the wind whipping through my hair. I squeezed the handles of my bike tighter, enjoying the ride as I made my way to Andy's for the barbecue. The sun has just started it's descent and the light shined in my eyes, but I didn't mind.

I didn't get to take it out last night since I'd been drinking, but when we wall made it to the garage and I gave it a hopeful try, he started right up. It had been a while since he'd run. I'm happy I finally get to ride again.

I ride to work this morning, enjoying the crisp morning air whipping passed my face. I couldn't keep the small smile I had on my face away all day.

Except when some crazy lady came in complaining about her son's bike. Something went wrong with it after we'd serviced it and she was holding us for it. Finally, Paul got pissed and shouted that if she wanted to stop having problems with it, she needed to teach her son "how to properly ride the damn thing."

She spent half an hour cursing at all of us until Andy came back from lunch and diffused the situation, offering a ten percent discount on her next service and to show her boy, Brody, how to ride and take care of it so he wouldn't fuck it up anymore.

Apparently, that's the kind of guy Andy is. Always wants to take someone under his wing, so to speak.

At the end of the day, we were all getting our separate ways when Andy shouted over the rumbling of bikes that he expected everyone over tonight for the barbecue or he'd kick or asses.

When I got home, I half expected to see my dad, but I'd forgotten he was still away for work. It's been strange not having him here, not sending him off to work or getting him with a cup of coffee when he got home. Even making his lunch for him. It felt very odd.

I showered and changed, heading back out to my bike so I could enjoy a nice ride before the barbecue. I sent Jeb a text, asking for directions again. Just to make sure I knew where I was going. After I got his response, I jumped on my bike and took off for at least a good hour of riding before I had to be at Andy's.

I slowed, turning onto the road to my right. When I asked Jeb for directions, he said it might be a little difficult to find. I kept my eyes peeled for 15248. 15243, 15246, 15251- shit. I turned around in the nearest drive and made it back to the beginning of the road, still missing Andy's driveway. Where the hell is it?

I sighed, once again turning the bike around to start my search again. I swear, if I miss it one more time, I'm calling Andy and telling him to send someone to find me.

I got a few feet down the road when I heard a rumbling that wasn't my own coming up behind me. I turned to see Jeb, a red Yamaha underneath him. He pulled up beside me, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Lost?"

I gave a sheepish smile and he smiled back, nodding ahead of us and yelled over the sound of our bikes rumbling together. "Follow me."

I nodded in response and he took off ahead of me. I followed him for a little while until we came up on some dense trees on the side of the road. We slowed and Jeb turned into a small, barely-there opening in the trees. No wonder I couldn't find it.