Chapter 10

(unedited)

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Chapter 10

I was mad. No, I was pissed. I knew exactly who did this and I was so utterly pissed. Not at the fact that they've been threatening me for the last few weeks. No, not that. I was throttled at the fact that they would stoop to the point of sabotaging my bike. My mom's bike.

It was the only thing I had left of my mom besides the features I'd inherited from her. The black beauty in front of me was her pride and joy and I'd promised her I'd never let anything happen to it. I'd broken that promise. Because of two little fuckfaces.

I was in the middle of changing out all the lines as a precaution. I'd done a detailed inspection once I'd gotten inside and noticed that the brake line and fuel line both had been punctured and a leak had started somewhere in the tank. I was seeing red by the time I was done looking at it and threw on some angry rock music to fuel my mood.

This is how Andy found me some hours later, in the middle of the night. Five Finger Death Punch bled through the speakers of the radio at what some would deem a little higher than an acceptable volume, but I was alone and getting tired and just trying to get done what I could. I'd have to order the custom parts that needed replaced in the morning.

Something touched my shoulder and I jumped so hard I heard my knee pop. My gasp was lost in the sound of the music. Swinging my arm behind me blindly with a wrench in my hand, I luckily missed Andy's face by a mere inch.

"Whoa, now!" He'd jerked back just in time, throwing his arms out in defense. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped in shock. My heart was hammering in my chest.

"Oh, my God, Andy. I'm so sorry." Someone lowered the volume of the music so we could hear each other. "You scared the shit out of me. I thought you were one of them." I tossed the wrench to the floor, taking a few deep breaths and rubbing my chest, trying to slow my sprinting heart.

"Them?" He scrunched his brows in confusion. "What are you even doing here?" I sighed.

"Someone sabotaged my bike." I spit out angrily, waving a hand at my bike.

"Sabotaged?" He took a step closer and I caught sight of two people over by the office adorned in Reaper club cuts. I ignored them, bringing my attention to Andy.

"Yeah, I went to have dinner with Corey at the diner and left my bike here. When I got back, it wouldn't start. So, I checked it and there were fluids everywhere. I obviously couldn't take it home, so I pulled in here to see what I could get done. I hoped you wouldn't mind."

"Of course not." He mumbled absently, waving a bit. "Do you want to file a report? Maybe the cops can figure out who did it." I waved him off this time.

"No," I said, looking at my bike angrily. "I already know the fuckers that did it." At this point, the two men that had been standing by the office had made their way over to where we were. I recognized one to be the President of the Reaper club and upon further inspection, the second was the Treasurer, according to his patch. For a second my eyes caught with the President's and I saw something flash when I said I knew who'd done it. "I don't need the cops."

I took a few steps away, grabbing a shop towel to wipe my grease covered hands. We stood in silence a minute as we all stared at my bike. I got angrier as the seconds ticked by. "They were trying to hurt me." I grumbled angrily. "Or kill me, probably. They punctured the brake line, probably hoping I'd lose my brakes while riding. But the dumb fucks cut it too big and it leaked out before I even got back. Even if they hadn't though, they punctured the fuel line and the tank and one rogue spark on my ride home and I would've been roasted anyway." Andy was watching me speak, a simmering rage in his eyes.