Bonus Sneak Peek 2

(unedited)

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Bonus Sneak Peek #2

Warren

I watched as Harley scratched Sarge's head. That girl astounds me. That dog was a vicious little bastard, especially to people he didn't know. But, to my surprise I turn to see little ol' Harley petting Sarge's big head as he licked her face off. I shook my head as Sybil dragged him back to his cage and she headed through the gate.

I looked around the crowd of people, taking a drag of the cigarette dangling between my lips, until I caught Jack's eye. I motioned to the front gate and he looked over, seeing Harley pulling out onto the road. He nodded at me and made his way to the parking lot and pulled out on his bike to follow her.

Ever since I met that girl, I've had this odd sense to protect her. I didn't understand where the damn feeling came from, but I'd grown a soft spot for her. The night we found her in the shop, working on her bike after she said someone had messed with it, we went into Andy's office to check the security tapes. The same fuckers that'd been messing with her outside of the bar were the ones who fucked with her bike.

It pissed me off that they were messing with her, but it pissed me off more that they were doing it in my territory. Right in front of me. Right under my nose. Andy was pissed, too. I'd put Jack on surveillance duty so he could watch her from afar and intervene if anything got serious, but only Jack, Andy and I knew about it. I don't even think Harley had noticed it yet. Then again, she's had a lot more on her mind lately to be thinking about.

After Jack had made it through the gate, I focused back on the boys around me teasing Mickey for getting completely shitfaced. I couldn't believe she was even still conscious, let alone standing and walking around.

"Mickey, can I have that money you owe me?" Paul asked. He smirked when she went to pull her wallet out. Andy was quick to grab her though, shooting Paul a look, but Paul just chuckled at him.

"Hey, hi-five, Mickey!" Jeb said, holding his hand up in the air. They fell into fits of laughter and I cracked a smile when she spent at least a few minutes attempting to slap Jeb's hand. She was jumping around, looking stupid as she tried her best to hit his hand.

"Guys! It's not nice to make fun of people. An' it's my birthday, too! You guys are so mean!" She pouted like a child and drunkenly stomped back over to Andy. They kept laughing as she flipped them off and slumped against him.

Suddenly, the gate was yanked back, and the dogs went nuts, drawing all our attention as Jack hauled ass inside, shouting at Jared to shut it behind him. I scrunched my face up, confused. Did she get away too quick? She must have been pretty fast. But, why was he freaking out? Something moved behind him and I squinted, trying to see what it was. A person was sliding off the bike behind him, cradling their arm and limping. Their clothes were torn to shit, and I could see the blood on their legs from where I was across the yard. I recognized her as soon as she lifted and turned her head, though, her face a mask of pain.

"Harley!" Corey shouted, taking off like a bullet heading to her. The rest of the boys followed right after him when they realized it was her. We made our way over, too. Andy helped Mickey, who looked like she was starting to sober a bit at the sight in front of us.

I looked at Jack in confusion. What the hell happened?

♥♦♣♠♣♦♥

Let me know what you guys think, please! ♥