Chapter 24

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Chapter 24

(Unedited)

(Slight sexual content. You've been warned.)

     We were playing quarters and I was well beyond drunk. I drank much more than I usually did tonight. I know my limit and I'd far surpassed that.

     As Paul leaned between Corey and I to grab the quarter and take his turn, I caught a glimpse of something poking out from under the sleeve of his shirt. I heard the quarter clink against something, but I wasn't sure if it went in or not. I was too engrossed in what I'd found on his arm. Without thought, I'd reached forward and none-too-gently slid his sleeve up his arm, bunching it over his shoulder to get a good view of his tattoo.

     It was a woman with her eyes closed and her hands pressed close to her mouth. A rosary was wrapped in and around her fingers, her dark hair spilling over one of her shoulders. She was beautiful. My lips parted as I marveled at it.

     "It's my mother." Paul mumbled, looking down at it.

     "She's beautiful." I breathed, running my fingers down the side of her face.

     "Thank you." He threw a shot back and I turned my head, breaking my stare. A smile split my face as I threw another shot back myself. The liquor slid smoothly down my throat, no longer burning as I'd had plenty of it by now.

     "Do you guys think I should get a tattoo?" Paul took a step back from leaning between Corey and I as I looked around at the faces next to me, eagerly waiting for their reply as if it meant the world to me. A few people responded, but I could only understand Corey because he was right next to me.

     "Ooh, what would you get?" His brows lifted comically as he stared at me, a slight grin on his face. He was nearly shit-faced himself. I shrugged, glancing back at Paul's shoulder.

     "I'n know," I stumbled over my words, jumbling them in my drunken state. "Maybe something for my mom.. and my brothers." I mumbled, still staring at Paul's now covered shoulder. A familiar pang hit my chest as I thought of them, but I didn't want to think of the things I'd lost tonight. I was drinking so heavily for that exact reason.

     After a few seconds, I collected myself, pulling my eyes away and scanning the group. Travis and another guy, who'd been later introduced as Wrecker, had joined us at some point, though I hadn't noticed at first. Sybil and Kenny left at some point, as did Jeb and Rachel, but I hadn't noticed when the couples had left either. I'd seen Dustin slip off earlier, in pursuit of a pretty blonde. I'd bid him good luck in his endeavor and he'd grinned and high-fived me like a five year old, but I'd just laughed and shook my head.

     It took a second to get myself back to the conversation at hand. They were each talking about what they wanted to get as tattoos eventually and my eyes slid to Tyson. I nudged him. "What do you think I should get?"

     He scrutinized me for a moment and I'm only partly ashamed to admit I'd flushed at the look in his eye as he looked me up and down. He bit his lip and I'm absolutely not ashamed to say I zeroed right in on that, as an onslaught of heat fled through me. I looked away as I saw his lips turn up in a smirk once he'd caught me staring. I downed another shot.

     "That depends," He said, leaning towards me with a devious smirk. "Where would you get it?" His eyes took much longer to roll down my body this time and he bit his lip, a hint of desire flashing in his eyes.

     My face flushed hotter than it already was and I pursed my lips to hide my smile. He chuckled lowly and heat rushed through me. My stomach flipped at the thoughts that rushed through my head at the sound.