Chapter 7

(unedited)

Bikers, Chains and Bad Boys: Chapter 7

I woke the next morning to the sound of birds chirping and a soft breeze swept across my face. I pulled my blanket tighter around me and rolled over–

Thump. Someone chuckled. "I was waiting for that to happen." I groaned, picking my face up out of the dirt and rolling over. Peeling my eyes open, I looked at Jeb and Tyson. Jeb sipped his coffee to hide his smile.

"How the fuck?" I grumbled. I attempted to get free of the blanket around me, but it didn't work. I gave up and swung my head back around to look at them. "What the hell happened?" The hammock was swinging above my face. No wonder I fell. I scanned the yard and saw Corey curled up on one of the lounge chairs by the pool. I didn't see Dustin at first, until a lump moved by the fire pit. I sighed, letting my head fall back to the ground.

"Well," Jeb started, amused. "I think it really went south when Dustin challenged you to a game of shots."

Oh, God, no.

I was starting to get a buzz going now. We'd polished off the pizza and made our way to the fire pit in the backyard, popping open a second case of beer. Eventually, we'd started a debate about which liquors and beers we thought were better. Then, which liquors were smoother going down and somehow that led to Dustin challenging me to a game of shots. I immediately knew it was a bad idea, but I wasn't going to back down from a challenge.

"Here we go." Jeb sighed.

After that, everything got a little bit fuzzy. "All I remember is a lot of empty bottles." I managed to pull my arms free of the blanket wrapped around me, rubbed at my eyes and sat up. Both stepped forward to help me up and I blushed as the blanket – and the overly large sweatpants I had on – fell around my feet. Good God, Harley. I bent quickly to pull the pants back up but had to keep hold of them with one hand, so they'd stay up. "What am I wearing? And do I even want to know why I'm in someone else's clothes and slept outside?"

"For starters, you're wearing Tyson's clothes. My sweats were way too big, and we didn't trust that Dustin's clothes were even clean." Jeb said. "Halfway through your shots game, Dustin spilled a drink on you; which started a war. By the end of it, you were all in the pool. I stayed out to make sure none of your dumbasses drowned yourselves." I grimaced. Could I literally get any worse?

"That sounds super cute." I grumbled, stepping out of the blanket and making my way through the yard. "Why didn't I just get my own clothes? I live right across the street."

"You couldn't find your house keys. We checked your bike keys, but you said you keep them separated so if you lost one you didn't lose all of them. So, we gave you those and you got dressed and passed out in the hammock with Corey. We had to move him, or he would've suffocated you to death."

"Wow, I'm something." I snorted. They chuckled and went to wake Corey and Dustin up. Corey stretched and sat up, rubbing his face. Dustin groaned, swatting at Tyson every time he nudged him with his booted foot. Corey came to stand next to me as we watched and laughed as Dustin got more and more pissed off. 

"Stop." He groaned, swinging his arm around aimlessly. Tyson smirked and kept up his pestering. "Fuckin' stop." He moaned again. We couldn't help but laugh. "Leave me 'lone." He grumbled, rolling over and swinging his limbs, attempting to swat Tyson away.

"I gotta pee." I said, making my way to the back door.

"Remember where the bathroom is?" Tyson called. I flipped him off as I stepped inside, a chorus of laughter following.