Bonus Sneak Peek 3

(unedited)

Sneak Peek 3: Roe

   I flicked the cigarette butt out of my hand as I snapped my phone shut. This was the third burner I've had in two weeks. Hopefully I can keep this one a little longer than usual.

   Snake had texted me that they were on their way. Finally. It's only taken fucking weeks to get this job done when it should've only taken a few days at most. We were holed up in this abandoned mill about thirty miles from Evansville. I have no idea why we're still here. If it were up to me, I would've grabbed the girl and been out of here by now, but Quinn's got some sort of thing for Snake or something and he keeps giving him chance after chance.

   I would've gotten rid of him by now and grabbed her myself. I couldn't understand why he was taking his time with this other than pulling information on the club that owned this territory. I can't think of a reason why he would have an interest in it, though.

   I made my way around the back of the building as headlights shone from the road and lit another cigarette as they slowly rolled up to me. The engine went silent and the doors slammed behind them as they got out and made their way to the back of the van with me.

   "It's about fucking time you got this girl. I'm ready to get the hell out of this place and get back home." I grumbled. I was so tired of sleeping in dusty chairs and hard-as-rock pallets. My back has never hurt so much in my life.

   "Well, uh-" Snake started, scratching his neck. Tommy snorted as he yanked the back door of the van open. Inside, a man lay in the middle of the floor. Blood coated almost his entire shirt and was soaking into the leather of the cut he was wearing. Wait, cut?

   "What the fuck is this?" I looked to Snake, but he wouldn't look at me. Neither would Dave. I glared at Tommy. "Where the fuck is the girl?"

   "She got away."

   "She what?!" I snapped. "How is this so fucking hard for you guys to do?! So goddamn stupid." I ran my hands down my face in frustration, taking a deep drag of my smoke and sighing. I glared at the man in the van. He looked like he was either unconscious or dead. "Who the hell is he, anyway?"

   "Some fucker that was trying to protect her. Snake said he's been guarding her for weeks. He's always with her. Even at home. There was no way around it." He shrugged and his indifference set me on a whole new level of rage. I huffed and shifted angrily on my feet.

   Quinn is so fucking stupid. How could he let these fucking numbskulls run this? All they've accomplished in the weeks since they found this girl is childish pranks and half-assed threats. I'll be the one running the mission next time and I won't fucking fail.

   My eyes ran over the man in the van. What the fuck are we going to do with him? "Is he even breathing?"

   They looked at the man and simultaneously shrugged their shoulders. I rolled my eyes, my anger flaring back up again. I turned, flicking my cigarette away as I made my way back toward the building. It's about time I gave Quinn a piece of my mind.

   "Just get rid of him." I yanked the door to the building open and made to step inside. "Make sure nothing's left."

♥♣♦♠♦♣♥

Let me know what you guys think, please!