Chapter 5

*Olivia's POV*

"I'm so proud of you Taylor." Selena smiled, high diving mom.

Mom laughed and walked towards me.

"Ready for the party?"

"Afterparty, mom." I corrected. "Honestly."

"Sassy much?" Cara asks, laughing.

"All that Calvin junk made me feel alive and rebellious." I smiled.

"Well, I see him over there if you wanna say hi." Mom said.

"Hey Calvin." I said.

"You deleted Instagram?" He asked, taking out his phone and holding it in my face.

"Just like you deleted all your pictures with mom."

"Shots fired." Burns said.

"Says the girl who has the crazy parents. Oh, and you're real parents are pretty crazy too." He laughed. That wasn't even clever. And he's 30 something?

I smacked his phone to the ground.

"I hope you realize you used to be one of my parents too...." I smiled.

I walked away and his friends were laughing at him, pfft, I was too. And I'm the seven (almost 8) year old?

"Momma? What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing baby." She smiled, putting away her phone.

"Oh. Is it those random letters you keep getting?" I asked.

"What? How did...?'' She asked.

"Well I got the mail for you. I read one of them. I forgot to give it to you. It said something like, 'Hey good luck at the Grammys. See you there, aye.' Or something like that." I quoted.

"Oh.... It's nothing to worry about, just an old friend." She said.

"Okay. COOOL." I said.

"We should get going, you have school tomorrow." Mom said.

"I don't have to go. In fact, when we decided to start regular school, well I don't like it so can you home school me again?" I asked.

"Why?" She asked.

"No reason ma. Please?'' I asked.

"Hun, you can't run away from your problems." She sat down on one of the couches provided. I sat on her lap.

"Whatttt?" I asked, pretending to be confused.

"Well, what's happening at school?" Mom asked.

"Well there's this one boy who goes around telling people who he thinks is pretty and who he thinks is ugly. It's not nice. And he called me ugly." I sighed, my lip wavering.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"Because I don't know if it's true, I heard it from my friend. But my friends are mean too, so I don't know if they lied. Mommy, I just don't wanna go back." I said.

"Livvy, you gotta go back. You have to walk in there with a confident smile on your face. They're probably jealous or they just want attention. Don't listen to them and find your real friends. Like Izzy still goes there. And all your other friends."

"But they have different lunch times than me because they're in different classrooms." I frowned.

"You still have to go Liv. You made a commitment. Next year I can home school you again, if you'd like." She smiled.

"So I have to survive a whole year?" I asked.

"It's only second grade, Olivia." Mom said, smiling.

"Yeah, but it's hard." I sighed again, then smiled. "One year."

"One year." She repeated.

"Okay, well can we leave? I can't stand one more minute of this trash."

"This cost a million dollars to set up." Mom laughed.

"Cheap." I said sticking up my head in disgust and walked over to Selena.

You know, I really hate afterparty's.

But then I looked over and saw Calvin on the floor, cleaning up broken glass from when I broke his phone.

I could sure stand a year of this.

Okay so I don't hate Calvin😂. Sorry if you love him, but eh. It's fiction.

Sorry it's taking me forever to update. I miss writing. Ily guys though, so thanks for staying. Can we get this story to 1K soon?

Ily guys. Leave your comments in the comment section.

-XoKaye