Chapter 12

*Taylor's POV*

My mom pulled up to the church and touched my hand before opening her car door and walking inside.

I told her I would need a few minutes to gather myself first, and make sure Tristan and Rylee are okay with this.

The media has gotten nothing out of us these past few weeks and I'd like it to stay that way, for as long as I can keep quiet.

I look back at the two boys and they smile, unbuckling themselves and looking expectantly at me.

I sigh and hop out of the car, letting out Tris and lifting out Rylee.

We all walk in holding hands, and sit next to Selena and Austin, who had apparently gone on a date. I wasn't stupid, I could see them holding hands.

"Are you sure that's everyone?" Austin asks me.

"Positive. I only invited our parents, Adam's close family and some of his friends, you guys, Ed, Gigi, Cara, and Karlie. This seems to be everyone. Blake couldn't come."

"Is it a coincidence that there's 13 people here?" Selena joked.

I chuckled slightly and added, "There's 14 counting the minister, and, well, their bodies."

I frowned again and Selena and Austin quickly glanced at each other

"They're in a better place." Austin said, reaching over Selena to pat my hand.

The service was short but nice, and I could only look at the bodies for a second before having to turn around. I couldn't stand to see them lying there like that, it was too much for me.

After that, we left to go back home and it was another night of movies and icecream.

Or so I thought.

But at exactly 8:39, right after I finished putting my kids to sleep, Harry Styles was at my door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, fixing my mesh bun and wrapping a blanket around me to cover up my cat pajamas.

"I wanted to say sorry for your loss. I didn't know Maylin very well, but I'm sure she was lovely, and I know how much you cared about Adam. And you have no idea how...." He started before I cut him off-

"Harry, it's okay." I laughed slightly and how fast he was talking but then frowned remembering the subject. "I appreciate you coming here though, would you like to come inside?"

"That'd be nice." He smiled. "So, about Olivia...."

"Yeah, I chose to keep what's happening with that private right now." I smiled at him, leading him into the kitchen. "Would you like anything?"

"I'm alright, thanks. And that's fine, I understand. The boys and I have been worried about her though." He smiled.

"One Direction broke up a long time ago?" I questioned, wondering which boys he meant.

"We have a group chat." He laughed.

We talked light heartedly for the next hour or so before he realized he should head back to wherever he was staying right now.

"It was good to see you." I said, smiling as he put on his jacket. I loved his new shorter hair. It was getting shaggy again, but it was still same old curls and had a sort of boyish charm to it.

"Yeah, I'd like to do this more often. How about next Friday?" He offered.

"See you at 6:30, then." I laughed, smiling at him.

"Great, it's a da...." He stopped, looking at me unsure. "It's a plan! I'll see you then."

His smile got smaller as he finished his sentence, clearly contemplating if it was actually a date or not.

Honestly, I was too. But I was glad I had something to take my mind off of all this, at least for a couple hours.