Chapter 8

*Taylor's POV*

I arrived at the hospital less than 5 minutes after receiving the call.

I brought Tristan with me because I knew it would take too long to ask Sel or Karlie to come over and watch him for me.

Anyways, I've been sitting here for an hour or so, and all I know so far is that almost all of the people injured in this accident aren't responding.

I don't exactly know what happened, either. I know there were 2 people not in my family who were injured, a male and a female who are actually friends with my brother. Austin got here about 20 minutes ago, and he didn't even know that our family was the victim of this. He said the male involved in the accident was his old best friend, and he got here as soon as possible.

"Taylor Swift, please come to room 314."

I quickly got up and glanced at Austin, asking him to call our parents, before I left and ran to the hallway.

Once I got to that room, a nurse escorted me in along with my security. I walked in to see Rylee awake on the bed.

"Thank goodness he's alright." I sighed in relief. "Is there much damage?"

"For him, no. There's no broken bones or anything. He was said to have been sitting on the right side of the car, and the truck crashed into the left. Olivia was in the middle, and Maylin had gotten the worst of it, and Adam didn't get too good either. All 3 of them haven't woken up yet. They're still running tests, and Adam is about to have surgery. We have been asked not share information about the other people involved, and we're sorry about that. We should have more details soon." The doctor said.

"Olivia and Maylin aren't responding? What does that mean, they're dea...." I started to say, but was interrupted by a voice calling the doctor to the other room.

I sighed and I felt my eyes water. I was really glad Rylee was alright, and I knew Tristan was safe with Austin.

"Mom? What happened?" Rylee asked, his eyes also tearing up.

"I'm not sure, I'll find out soon though, and you can hopefully come back with me later." I smiled.

I opened my phone and looked down at the latest message.

Find out who hit them,
You're a step closer to who I am.
-Unknown

I know whoever this person is didn't hit them, but they were obviously involved, and I intend to find out every detail.

"Miss Taylor? We have bad news." The doctor said.

"How much?" I asked.

"A lot." The doctor replied. "There's more damaged than we expected. If we had known it was this bad we wouldn't done the surgery needed to.... to keep her alive. We're sorry."

"Wait a second." I felt the tears roll down my face. "Who died? I'm confused."

"Maylin. Maylin died at 7:59 pm. Olivia is in a coma, and we're honestly not sure how that's going to turn out. It's up to you, really. We can pull her plug whenever you'd like, but we'd recommend giving it a month or so. Adam also suffered severe injuries, and we're doing surgery now to see if he'll make it. He told us to tell you he's sorry."

Well that was a twist, I guess :/ sorry! But next chapter she'll meet the person sending her these texts.... or will she?

Have a great day/afternoon/night, sorry it took so long to update :)